Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

abnormal antlers

Old 12-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

If thats not good enough for you then go ask ted nuggent.he learned the difference the hard way
Old 12-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
It was a mistake that he shot a buck thinking it was a doe.him not tagging it as a buck is not a mistake it was his lack of knowledge knowing that it should have been taged as a buck when all he really had to do was fully understand the regulations which was his duty
Sorry but your wrong

Again I think your confusing the word mistake with the word Accident.

It was an accident that he shot the buck thinking it was a doe....not knowing the law was a mistake.

Neither one matter in court.

this sentence
"In they eyes of the courts ignorance of the law is not considered a mistake."

Means exactly the same thing as this sentence
"In they eyes of the courts ignorance of the law is not considered wrong".

Last edited by rockport; 12-26-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Sorry but your wrong

Again I think your confusing the word mistake with the word Accident.

It was an accident that he shot the buck thinking it was a doe....not knowing the law was a mistake.

Neither one matter in court.

this sentence
"In they eyes of the courts ignorance of the law is not considered a mistake."

Means exactly the same thing as this sentence
"In they eyes of the courts ignorance of the law is not considered wrong".
Well rock i dont know how else to explain it but if you ever find yourself in court dont ever say but your honor i did not know.youll be screwed because thats concidered ignorance of the law and thats never an excuss.truth is buckhunter could have easly realized that three inches is concidered a buck not a doe with a very minamal search of the game laws.infact just google what ignorance of the law and why its never aan excuss.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well rock i dont know how else to explain it but if you ever find yourself in court dont ever say but your honor i did not know.youll be screwed because thats concidered ignorance of the law and thats never an excuss.truth is buckhunter could have easly realized that three inches is concidered a buck not a doe with a very minamal search of the game laws.infact just google what ignorance of the law and why its never aan excuss.
Right and it was a mistake(or wrong action) that he didn't know the law.

I know its seems like a silly thing to argue about but it is the root of a misunderstanding.

This is why I couldn't understand why you were waiting for him to say he was wrong when he had said he made a mistake from the get go.

The word mistake was never meant to be an excuse. "I made a mistake" simply means "I did wrong"

Your interpreting the word mistake to be an excuse and that is not the case.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckman11
i'm not trying to say what I did was right. I know I made a mistake. what i'm more upset about is your attitude. in all my years of hunting I have never been as ashamed of another hunter as I am of you. atleast in Missouri we stick up for our fellow hunters nomatter what the cost. and understand when something like this happens. you sir are not that way.
Rock,the second sentance of his statement is what bothered me.hes more upset at tops attatude than the fact he did wrong.i just wanted to hear him take responsabilty for his actions and to take lengths to not do it again.and i feel as though he has done thats since so im happy with that.If i did wrong and someone gave me crap for it im not going to be upset with him ill be upset with myself.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rock,the second sentance of his statement is what bothered me.hes more upset at tops attatude than the fact he did wrong.i just wanted to hear him take responsabilty for his actions and to take lengths to not do it again.and i feel as though he has done thats since so im happy with that.If i did wrong and someone gave me crap for it im not going to be upset with him ill be upset with myself.
Yeah I get it.

I don't think that came out quite like he meant it to but its there so like I said I get it.

I would probably be right there with you on that had it not been a response to a poster I think is way out of line.

Notice the OP has been fairly reasonable with you and everybody other than one poster about the criticism.

You approached it like an adult and he has now responded to your criticism like an adult.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Yeah I get it.

I don't think that came out quite like he meant it to but its there so like I said I get it.

I would probably be right there with you on that had it not been a response to a poster I think is way out of line.

Notice the OP has been fairly reasonable with you and everybody other than one poster about the criticism.

You approached it like an adult and he has now responded to your criticism like an adult.
Yes he did.as far as im concerned this issue is over.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Skinner, I've tried to be very judicial in my response to this thread, but have to admit that I was concerned from the second sentence, as well as the rest of that reply.

Ya don't CYA yourself, or cover illegal activity for someone else as a "fellow hunter".

Not sure if that was what the OP was implying, but it could certainly be construed that way.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Skinner, I've tried to be very judicial in my response to this thread, but have to admit that I was concerned from the second sentence, as well as the rest of that reply.

Ya don't CYA yourself, or cover illegal activity for someone else as a "fellow hunter".

Not sure if that was what the OP was implying, but it could certainly be construed that way.
Yes lunker i agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.