Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

abnormal antlers

Old 12-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
and it is also your responsibility to do so the right way as a veteran hunter and I'm not saying you haven't.....I'm not saying Skinner hasn't either.

I feel like my comments towards one person are being broadened to everybody.

I don't mind you guys telling this guy its wrong.

I don't feel like a certain poster handles it the right way at all.

If your going to take on the role of veteran and responsible Stewards go ahead but that doesn't include childish internet name calling pissing matches 10 minutes later.

Tell the guy what he did wrong and the teach him how to do it right and do it like a leader should.
Leadership is a hard quality to find these days. Your comment about it are absolutely correct. I cannot speak for anyone other than myself when I say as a hunter with more than 40 yrs experience I am a junior hunter to some on this forum and no matter what I will do my best to give each and every person here the respect I myself would like to have.
Certain subjects get old school hunters very passionate. For good reason. It's not always easy to control when you believe strongly something is right or wrong. I will always strive to be someone young and old can look to for answers. I thank you for the opportunity to join in this conversation that my words may help someone else.

Last edited by kswild; 12-26-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Ok so if he says what i just previously posted and he means it,i will drop it.is that fair enough?
Sure, Although I think its likely this has escalated past the possibility of that happening.

As I stated a few times I don't think YOU were really out of line.

A little harsh for my taste but at least fair and conducted like an adult.

I disagree with you on a couple things but that is no big deal to me
Old 12-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by woodenb14
is it possible to take away skinner's ability to post? the guy is obviously a troll
Ya want to see trolls go play in the political forum for a while... There's plenty of fun to be had there!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I already tried to. Go back to my first post and read it again.

It could be fighting since deer break antlers. It could be genetics, remember a buck only supplies half the genes, people forget the doe plays a role too. It could be a mineral deficiency. Heck, there are lots of things it could be. Can't really say with the info you have provided. What is the average sized buck for that area? Do other deer taken by other people exhibit the same thing? Is there anything different about where you hunt and the rest of the county? Is the available feed different this year than it was last year? There are a lot of variables to factor in.

How old were the deer? Deer that are in the old age phase of life can no longer grow big antlers and it isn't unusual for them to revert back to small racks and even spikes.
weel the thing that threw me the mot about the antlers is that i have a 8, 10, 14, and 17 point bucks on the property that all llook like they could weigh anywhere from 150-250 pounds. so the antlers on the bucks really threw me.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Buckman i just have one question.did you learn anything from this?if you did im more than willing to let it go.you can not call not know the law a mistake as it is your responsabilty to know exactly what the law says.
I realize that. yes I understand I need to reexamine the laws and take more care when I am in the field.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckman11
I realize that. yes I understand I need to reexamine the laws and take more care when I am in the field.
Good to hear.i wish u the best of luck and remember be safe!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Skinnner---I'm not going to leave and I know you aren't either. They can call me anything they want, but it's incredible that this thread uncovered what was one, if not two or three major game law violations, since the OP will not comment on what tags he had. Now coming on again calling me ignorant and then with another ridiculous post where he is more concerned why those antlers are that way instead of clearing the air on what is being discussed. The only conclusion that most should come up with is that by not answering questions about the tags is because he violated more laws than just not knowing the 3" buck rule!! A simple sentence or two on what tags he had and how they were used would have been very simple to clear the air and allow us to get back to the antler question, don't you think? The issues and violations discussed here are severe enough that the OP could lose his hunting rights in MO if he got caught and since MO is a Wildlife Compact Violator participant, that would mean he could lose his hunting rights in 40 participating states for whatever length of time the Judge sentenced him to in MO. I'd call that pretty serious for not knowing the law or possibly just disregarding it like may have been the case. Yet some on here appear to just think it should be brushed aside like it happens to everybody, so big deal. Amazing that you and I are being called aholes here for calling the guy out regarding major violations of the law, which hurts all of us and hunting in general and all they're worried about is that we might have offended the OP to the point that he might not come back!!! Maybe some of these guys condoning that kind of crappola and other things that are less than kosher on other threads are the reason why they claim the site is declining! PS: I told you my pointer has a higher IQ than the new guy from my home state making all his brilliant posts and that last one sure proved it!
ok topgun. you want answers? fire away. i'm an open book.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

What i want is for people to stop writeing ignorance of the laws as a mistake.its not a mistake!its neglet of the law.and i dont need to know every law ever writen but i do need to know the ones that pretain to me and my activities such as hunting.What id like to see is him come on here and admit he did not read his state laws to the tee and to say that he will from now on.not a big rant how hes been hunting for ten years and he doesnt need to be told what to do when its clear he does at this point.is that asking too much?
I'm still a little confused about your interpretation of the word "mistake" or "its not a mistake"

Ive shown you the definition of the word mistake a couple times. It means doing something wrong.

Maybe the word accident is what your thinking here which would change the whole conversation.

He said "I made a mistake"........which means "I did something wrong"

Had he said "it was an accident" then I would understand what your saying.

It was in fact a mistake.

Sorry to bring it back up but hopefully it will prevent any future misunderstandings.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I'm still a little confused about your interpretation of the word "mistake" or "its not a mistake"

Ive shown you the definition of the word mistake a couple times. It means doing something wrong.

Maybe the word accident is what your thinking here which would change the whole conversation.

He said "I made a mistake"........which means "I did something wrong"

Had he said "it was an accident" then I would understand what your saying.

It was in fact a mistake.

Sorry to bring it back up but hopefully it will prevent any future misunderstandings.
In they eyes of the courts ignorance of the law is not conidered a mistake.it is considered just that,ignorance.perhaps a lawyer or judge can better describe it to you.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

It was a mistake that he shot a buck thinking it was a doe.him not tagging it as a buck is not a mistake it was his lack of knowledge knowing that it should have been taged as a buck when all he really had to do was fully understand the regulations which was his duty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.