Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

abnormal antlers

Old 12-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Give him a break?yes ok lets do that then when the next guy that comes along that was poaching at night we will give him a break too.where does it stop?like iv said before,if your not intreasted in knowing what the law states or are not intreasted in following it then you should not have the right to hunt.It has nothing to do with me being an arsehole it has to do with knowing the law and following it.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckman11
ok. if we have this law thing sorted out. can anybody answer my question about the antlers.
Buckman i just have one question.did you learn anything from this?if you did im more than willing to let it go.you can not call not know the law a mistake as it is your responsabilty to know exactly what the law says.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say it stops when it stops being an honest ADMITTED mistake.

The guy already knows he made a mistake. I mean you can keep telling him he is wrong but he admitted that right off the bat.

I think we all draw the line well ahead of poaching at night.

There is pretty big gap between not seeing a 3 inch antler and poaching at night.

The "line" is also kind of relative. I don't thinks its ok to go out and shoot illegal spikes on doe tags on purpose or all the time but I don't think its a big deal to make a simple minor mistake every once in a while.

I don't thinks its wrong to point out the mistake either......but how long do you ride a guy that already knows he made a mistake?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I would say it stops when it stops being an honest ADMITTED mistake.

The guy already knows he made a mistake. I mean you can keep telling him he is wrong but he admitted that right off the bat.

I think we all draw the line well ahead of poaching at night.

There is pretty big gap between not seeing a 3 inch antler and poaching at night.

The "line" is also kind of relative. I don't thinks its ok to go out and shoot illegal spikes on doe tags on purpose or all the time but I don't think its a big deal to make a simple minor mistake every once in a while.

I don't thinks its wrong to point out the mistake either......but how long do you ride a guy that already knows he made a mistake?
Well heres the thing rock,i understand he made a valid mistake by not seeing a three inch spike at 200 yards.but it was up to him to know that he couldnt tag it with a doe tag.that is not a mistake that is called not knowing the regulations and that is something that could have been easly avoided.seriously it took us a few minutes to veiw the regulations and see where he went wrong.hes been hunting that same area for ten years.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Well heres the thing rock,i understand he made a valid mistake by not seeing a three inch spike at 200 yards.but it was up to him to know that he couldnt tag it with a doe tag.that is not a mistake that is called not knowing the regulations and that is something that could have been easly avoided.seriously it took us a few minutes to veiw the regulations and see where he went wrong.hes been hunting that same area for ten years.
Right, he should have done that but he didn't. He knows it was a mistake.......now what?

I would call not knowing the regulations a mistake.

I mean I'm not above it. I'd like to be but I'm capable of screwing up and then looking back and thinking "damn I should have known better"

Last edited by rockport; 12-26-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Right, he should have done that but he didn't. He knows it was a mistake.......now what?
Well whats done is done.like i stated to him im more than willing to let it go aslong as he learned something that being to know the full extent of the law.would u consider that fair?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

No,not knowing the law isnt a mistake its called ignorance for the law and any co will veiw it as the same.ignorance of the law is always frowned apon since its nothing that reading your state law requirements wouldnt solve
Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Skinnner---I'm not going to leave and I know you aren't either. They can call me anything they want, but it's incredible that this thread uncovered what was one, if not two or three major game law violations, since the OP will not comment on what tags he had. Now coming on again calling me ignorant and then with another ridiculous post where he is more concerned why those antlers are that way instead of clearing the air on what is being discussed. The only conclusion that most should come up with is that by not answering questions about the tags is because he violated more laws than just not knowing the 3" buck rule!! A simple sentence or two on what tags he had and how they were used would have been very simple to clear the air and allow us to get back to the antler question, don't you think? The issues and violations discussed here are severe enough that the OP could lose his hunting rights in MO if he got caught and since MO is a Wildlife Compact Violator participant, that would mean he could lose his hunting rights in 40 participating states for whatever length of time the Judge sentenced him to in MO. I'd call that pretty serious for not knowing the law or possibly just disregarding it like may have been the case. Yet some on here appear to just think it should be brushed aside like it happens to everybody, so big deal. Amazing that you and I are being called aholes here for calling the guy out regarding major violations of the law, which hurts all of us and hunting in general and all they're worried about is that we might have offended the OP to the point that he might not come back!!! Maybe some of these guys condoning that kind of crappola and other things that are less than kosher on other threads are the reason why they claim the site is declining! PS: I told you my pointer has a higher IQ than the new guy from my home state making all his brilliant posts and that last one sure proved it!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Well whats done is done.like i stated to him im more than willing to let it go aslong as he learned something that being to know the full extent of the law.would u consider that fair?
Yes I would. However When a guy says "it was a mistake I have to live with"

I see that as learning from a mistake

As far as whether its a mistake or not I disagree with you.

Mistake: an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong

I'd say that is exactly what it is.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckman11
i'm not trying to say what I did was right. I know I made a mistake. what i'm more upset about is your attitude. in all my years of hunting I have never been as ashamed of another hunter as I am of you. atleast in Missouri we stick up for our fellow hunters nomatter what the cost. and understand when something like this happens. you sir are not that way.
This post bothers me!he clearly says hes more concerned with being talked down too then the fact that he was in the wrong.he really has no right to be ashamed of any other hunter Other then himself for not knowing the law.its like the pot calling the kettel black and it doesnt sound like hes takeing full responsabilty for his mistakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.