Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

abnormal antlers

Old 12-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Judas Jenny, I give up!!! You, Sir, need a class on reading comprehension and it should start with learning what harrassment is and isn't!!! Again all I have done is give opinions identical to a bunch of members on this thread and all you're doing is jumping on me. Get a life and put me on ignore like I guess I'll be doing with you!!!

Murby---You sure take a great interest in me, as that last post sounds like stalking, LOL! Yea, I was here alone with my dog because my wife is away taking care of our very ill daughter and the other kids are all coming for our Christmas on the 1/4. This time of year I do spend most of my time on hunting forums with the way TV sucks, but I was not on any while gone on a three month hunting trip from 8/20 to 11/17. You might say I was making up ground, LOL! You have sure proven to be a real pain to everyone on this site in case you haven't been reading all the others negative repsonse about most of your posts. After that silly post of yours you will also go on ignore since you're not worth the time and never say anything that's correct or makes any sense!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-26-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

ok. if we have this law thing sorted out. can anybody answer my question about the antlers.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Judas Jenny, I give up!!! You, Sir, need a claas on reading comprehension and it should start with learning what harrassment is and isn't!!! Again allI have done is give opinion identical to a bunch of members on this thread and all you're doing is jumping on me. Get a life and put me on ignore like I guess I'll be doing with you!!!
So you think its a good idea to report someone for harassment then continue to engage them?

Harassment: "aggressive pressure or intimidation"

Basically exactly what you are doing and I'm trying to get you to stop doing.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buckman11
ok. if we have this law thing sorted out. can anybody answer my question about the antlers.
*** Sounds like a great response from a violator who is more interested in that than what wthis thread is really discussing---says a lot about you without you posting much of anything else!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buckman11
I already tried to. Go back to my first post and read it again.

It could be fighting since deer break antlers. It could be genetics, remember a buck only supplies half the genes, people forget the doe plays a role too. It could be a mineral deficiency. Heck, there are lots of things it could be. Can't really say with the info you have provided. What is the average sized buck for that area? Do other deer taken by other people exhibit the same thing? Is there anything different about where you hunt and the rest of the county? Is the available feed different this year than it was last year? There are a lot of variables to factor in.

How old were the deer? Deer that are in the old age phase of life can no longer grow big antlers and it isn't unusual for them to revert back to small racks and even spikes.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum buckman, hope you stick around. I have one property I hunt that is thicker than snot. I, and others, frequently see half racks on this property. In the ten years I've had permission to hunt it I know of 12 half rakcs that have been shot on it. I've never shot one myself, but I've seen allot of them there. I can't say why, maybe minerals, maybe the thick nasty brush, I don't know. But that property has half racks. I saw 4 different half racks there this year and my uncle shot a half rack there that I hadn't seen previous.
-Jake
Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

man...is it just me or are skinnner and topgun a couple of a-holes. give the dude a break my goodnes. he didnt ask for legal advice or any holier than thou tirade from either of you.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Here's just a few of the half racks I've seen shot off this property. Again, I don't know why.. Other areas near by I rarely see half racks. But this property has them every year.
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails abnormal antlers-moto_0046.jpg   abnormal antlers-moto_0033.jpg   abnormal antlers-598542_10200190360386209_1279616394_n.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by woodenb14
man...is it just me or are skinnner and topgun a couple of a-holes. give the dude a break my goodnes. he didnt ask for legal advice or any holier than thou tirade from either of you.
Many, many, many people have left the forum over the years because of posts like TG makes. Not saying because of TG, lots left prior to him showing up. But if I was a new/potential new user, and I scanned just a few posts and saw arguments like this thread has turned into I'd go on to the next site. People want to discuss hunting not be lectured. Eventually TG will be talking to himself here, but he'll be happy that way I think. The way he jumps all over people you'd think he'd just rather message himself. As if an internet lecturing does any good anyway.
-Jake
Old 12-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by woodenb14
Sorry but if your going to post an illegal activity on an open forum someones going to say something.i just hope he learned something from it.any kind of illegal hunting practices gives hunting a bad name in general.maybe some day when you grow up you will understand that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.