Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

abnormal antlers

Old 12-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Good Lord! So the guy shot what he thought was a doe, ended up being a spike. Then does the same thing again. 200 yards, not great light, small spindly spike, other broken off on both deer. I use good optics, can't guarantee I would have seen those spikes under those conditions. Here's an example from a couple weeks ago, late evening, 175 yards, out walks a doe by herself, raised rifle, DRT. At dark walked down to her, noticed bumps on head, opened legs, button buck. No game laws broken, club rule broken for taking under 6 pts, $100 paid, honest mistakes happen. Does he have an obligation to know what he's shooting at? Absolutely 100% yes. Was it a mistake? Says it was, I'll take him at his word as he hasn't developed a pattern of lying as some others have. Why do we have to rip every person that makes a post on this site?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
Good Lord! So the guy shot what he thought was a doe, ended up being a spike. Then does the same thing again. 200 yards, not great light, small spindly spike, other broken off on both deer. I use good optics, can't guarantee I would have seen those spikes under those conditions. Here's an example from a couple weeks ago, late evening, 175 yards, out walks a doe by herself, raised rifle, DRT. At dark walked down to her, noticed bumps on head, opened legs, button buck. No game laws broken, club rule broken for taking under 6 pts, $100 paid, honest mistakes happen. Does he have an obligation to know what he's shooting at? Absolutely 100% yes. Was it a mistake? Says it was, I'll take him at his word as he hasn't developed a pattern of lying as some others have. Why do we have to rip every person that makes a post on this site?
absolutely agree.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
Yes well a button buck is still considered a doe.i wonder if a co would see it in the same way you do,i doubt it atleast not around these parts.the biggest thing that gets me is that the op clearly did not know the full law about the three inch rule and no co would allow such an aliby as ignorance is not subject to any leniancy.not understanding the law just backs up any antihunters claimes that hunters are uneducated rednecks that dont care about the law.just the way i see it.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rockport
absolutely agree.
***After reading some of your posts I think you'd agree the sun is the moon, LOL! Hey, the guy screwed up because he wasn't careful twice in a three day period, doesn't know the laws where he's hunting, and has shot at least one if not two illegal deer and put it up on these forums as his introduction to this website! Yea, we'll "rip" him if that's what you'd like to call it, and we'll "rip" anyone else that does stuff like that because whether you two realize it or not, that kind of stuff is what hurts all of us in this sport!!! Now come back and say all you want, like we're a bunch of plicks or something, but IMHO he deserves everything he's getting here and should also be ticketed for it!!!
PS: As far as the statement made by Wayspr about the guy not having a pattern of lying, I don't know how you can say that since he just got on this website for the first time last night and the first few posts he made sure weren't open and above board telling the whole situation that finally came out!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-25-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah im not going to give him a slap on the back for screwing up.truth is he broke some very important rules.if he wasnt 100 percent sure of what he was shooting he should not have pulled the trigger.and second its his duty as a hunter to know what the laws state.it should be a lessoned learned the hard way.honestly i hope he doesnt get charged out of it but yes he deserves some ripping.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***After reading some of your posts I think you'd agree the sun is the moon, LOL! Hey, the guy screwed up because he wasn't careful twice in a three day period, doesn't know the laws where he's hunting, and has shot at least one if not two illegal deer and put it up on these forums as his introduction to this website! Yea, we'll "rip" him if that's what you'd like to call it, and we'll "rip" anyone else that does stuff like that because whether you two realize it or not, that kind of stuff is what hurts all of us in this sport!!! Now come back and say all you want, like we're a bunch of plicks or something, but IMHO he deserves everything he's getting here and should also be ticketed for it!!!
PS: As far as the statement made by Wayspr about the guy not having a pattern of lying, I don't know how you can say that since he just got on this website for the first time last night and the first few posts he made sure weren't open and above board telling the whole situation that finally came out!
After reading your post I'm very sure why not many visit this forum.

Your attitude is what is bad for all of us IMO.

Its like you just lurk around here waiting for somebody to screw up.

Last edited by rockport; 12-25-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Yeah im not going to give him a slap on the back for screwing up.truth is he broke some very important rules.if he wasnt 100 percent sure of what he was shooting he should not have pulled the trigger.and second its his duty as a hunter to know what the laws state.it should be a lessoned learned the hard way.honestly i hope he doesnt get charged out of it but yes he deserves some ripping.

I don't think you should be slapping him on the back but good grief man.

You would think he killed somebody.

Last edited by rockport; 12-25-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think you should be slapping him on the back but good grief man.

You would think he killed somebody.
I see nothing wrong with pointing out the mistakes made.it wasnt even up untill this post did he realize that 3 inches is considered a buck.i also think the best way to learn from something is the hard way.i guess its because i grew up when spanking your child was allowed.which i am greatfull for.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

After reading your post I'm very sure why not many visit this forum.

Your attitude is what is bad for all of us IMO.

Its like you just lurk around here waiting for somebody to screw up.
***If you say one more thing about my attitude and posts keeping people from visiting the site, especially when we're talking about law violators and such like this thread, I think I'll puke! IMHO all it does is show that you're possibly no better than this guy when you chastize us and we aren't the violator here! It's getting old and if you don't like it hit the ignore button! I will not congratulate this guy or sugar coat what were two serious errors of judgment involving a firearm, not knowing the laws where he was hunting, and probably committing one or two serious poaching violations. Yep, that's right, as they would be considered poaching when you kill a deer and don't have a lawful tag to put on it whether it was done druing a hunting season or not! What do you expect us to say? Maybe: "Now Johnny, don't do that again because you're being a bad little boy!" If you don't like my posts or any of those other members who are agreeing with me, then use the ignore button because I'm tired of you posting that I'm the reason this site isn't visited more. Maybe it could be that when something like this comes up it's you that just wants to write it off and give the guy a pat on the back. Geez, I wonder why if I'm such a bad guy that I get a half dozen PMs every week or two from members asking for help on hunts along with others asking questions they have on a bunch of different subjects from guns, to reloading, to dog training, etc. that I know a lot about!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
I see nothing wrong with pointing out the mistakes made.it wasnt even up untill this post did he realize that 3 inches is considered a buck.i also think the best way to learn from something is the hard way.i guess its because i grew up when spanking your child was allowed.which i am greatfull for.
I'm all about bringing back spanking(its never left my house). I don't even really think you have been overly harsh.

I have no problem pointing out the mistakes at all. That is not all that went on here.

Its just another hunter that could have learned a lot here chased off is all it is.....nothing learned and it happens several times a week on here.

"Spanking" is one thing but it has to be used in combination with teaching.

This is not the crime of the century.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.