Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Age and score please.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

these threads would be fun if the poster actually had the score. I think it is said on every "what will he score" trailcam shot. Shoot him and put a tape to him. Here we have a pic and the buck is dead, put a tape on him lol. I'm still sticking to my theory that he will push 130".

Like topgun said, an inch here and there will get him there. So wisco here is what I came up with, I think his main beam is still better than 20 but that's what I put down.

3"g1
avg. 6" for g2 and g3
2" g-4
18"mass each side
20" main beam
16" spread

Puts him at 126"

And all this doesn't matter if nobody ever puts a tape to him

Last edited by WNYhunter; 12-24-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
these threads would be fun if the poster actually had the score. I think it is said on every "what will he score" trailcam shot. Shoot him and put a tape to him. Here we have a pic and the buck is dead, put a tape on him lol. I'm still sticking to my theory that he will push 130".

Like topgun said, an inch here and there will get him there. So wisco here is what I came up with, I think his main beam is still better than 20 but that's what I put down.

3"g1
avg. 6" for g2 and g3
2" g-4
18"mass each side
20" main beam
16" spread

Puts him at 126"

I wish people would do the math and put the real score up after all the conversation,then your right it would be fun imatead we are left beating a dead horse.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
I wish people would do the math and put the real score up after all the conversation,then your right it would be fun imatead we are left beating a dead horse.
Somebody tried that not long ago and mostly what they got was criticized for "worrying about the score"
Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Somebody tried that not long ago and mostly what they got was criticized for "worrying about the score"
Well i guess theres just no winning.anyways congrats on the bucks oneofthesedays.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Well i guess theres just no winning.anyways congrats on the bucks oneofthesedays.

I wish it was me in either one of the pictures. I hunted hard bow season and gun and did not fire a shot. Landowner had a "don't shoot does policy" I saw 15 deer the last day I hunted and not a single buck.
One last thing though. I thought B&C measured tine length from the center of the rack. That would put an inch on each time and may bump it up to low to mid 20s from that "rough score" of 107?
Old 12-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Oneofthesedays
I wish it was me in either one of the pictures. I hunted hard bow season and gun and did not fire a shot. Landowner had a "don't shoot does policy" I saw 15 deer the last day I hunted and not a single buck.
One last thing though. I thought B&C measured tine length from the center of the rack. That would put an inch on each time and may bump it up to low to mid 20s from that "rough score" of 107?
Oh ok well congrats to your buddy,dont feel bad i ate tag soup this year also.tine length like a g1or g2 is mesured on the outside from the tip of the tine down to where the main beam intersects.a scorer will ussualy use a strait edge or string to determine just where that is and mark it with a pencil,then mesure the tine length.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WNYhunter

3"g1
avg. 6" for g2 and g3
2" g-4
18"mass each side
20" main beam
16" spread

Puts him at 126"

Exactly, it's simply too hard to estimate what a deer scores from one picture. Like others have already said, if you're off by just half an inch here or there, that can really add up quickly. I would enjoy seeing what they actually score just to know how close or far off these guesses are haha.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

I agree wisco94, if you don't have the answer don't ask the questions lol
Old 12-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

10 pt. less than 111, 8pt less than 90.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have any of you folks ever checked out this site? I tried it a few years back when they first started, I thought it was pretty cool. Tho obviously not perfect.

http://www.buckscore.com/

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 12-25-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.