Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Age and score please.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wisco94---I think your basic numbers are pretty close to what I figured when I said
115" at best. That's a nice buck you took with your bow and about what I would have figured him at with just that picture to look at.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Spike

Thanks Top. I once spoke with a taxidermist and he was telling me about how he has a set of teeth that are of different ages of deer. He says he uses it as a guideline to help age the deer people bring in because they are always asking him the age. I think it would be nice to have one of these. Anyone know if you can buy something similar? I don't think I have any teeth of an 8 year old buck laying around I think I'm fresh out. Perhaps I should have asked him.

Last edited by TheDudeAbides; 12-23-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Wisco94---I think your basic numbers are pretty close to what I figured when I said
115" at best. That's a nice buck you took with your bow and about what I would have figured him at with just that picture to look at.
Thanks, so far my best! I figured I would just throw some numbers out there for anyone who was wondering how we figured it would 115" at the most.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think that both deer are 2.5 years old. The ten point I would say could go 3.5 and the smaller buck could be a 1.5 year old. It all depends on genetics. I would have to see there body to make an accurate determination. Score wise, the one of the left is too small to even try. The Ten point might hit 115" inches on a good day, I'd say about 110". Unless that buck has two 10" drop tines I'm not seeing he's a long way off from 130".
Old 12-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Id love to hear the real score on some of these what would he score threads.for the most part we are ussualy left with nothing but our guesses
Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
I would think that both deer are 2.5 years old. The ten point I would say could go 3.5 and the smaller buck could be a 1.5 year old. It all depends on genetics. I would have to see there body to make an accurate determination. Score wise, the one of the left is too small to even try. The Ten point might hit 115" inches on a good day, I'd say about 110". Unless that buck has two 10" drop tines I'm not seeing he's a long way off from 130".
It wouldnt take two drop tines to jump from a score of 110 tp 130.all it would take is an under estamation of each mesurement by a little more than an inch.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by skinnnner
It wouldnt take two drop tines to jump from a score of 110 tp 130.all it would take is an under estamation of each mesurement by a little more than an inch.

***That's why I hate to even get involved in these type of threads because of exactly that and and an inch or two miss is easy to do when just looking at one picture, especially if the picture is at an angle where you can't even see it's spread, symetry, etc.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***That's why I hate to even get involved in these type of threads because of exactly that and and an inch or two miss is easy to do when just looking at one picture, especially if the picture is at an angle where you can't even see it's spread, symetry, etc.
That exactly my point.its pretty hard to come up with an accurate score just from a picture.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Spike

Thanks to all of you for your input. Unless the original hunter sees the thread and post up actual numbers we will not know for sure.
I was thinking the ten might go closer to 130 than 115 because of his mass but with the numbers that have been put out there and pictures others have posted up, he probably is closer to the 115. Maybe it is a
good thing I did not bet.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 10 might go to 120, and thats a stretch! The 8, not trying to knock someones buck, but he won't break 100!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.