Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Strange gooey substance in muscle?? >

Strange gooey substance in muscle??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Strange gooey substance in muscle??

Old 12-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Im just saying its not something id even feed my dog.Sorry if you find that strange
Old 12-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Im just saying its not something id even feed my dog.Sorry if you find that strange
What's the reasoning behind that?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

You can feed your dog whatever you want and yes its safe.i just wouldnt,id discard it like any other waste.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks..

Too late now.. its already gone to the 3 gallon boiling pot of bones and scraps. She's a happy puppy during hunting season for sure!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have to agree with Skinnner on this one, as I wouldn't feed my pointer anything that I wouldn't eat myself, especially in this case where you don't even know what the substance was and that's regardless of how long you boiled it. My dog gets his two daily rations of Iams mixed with a little of bit of chicken broth and occasionally cooked rice mixed in and that's it. No table scraps or anything else for my best buddy!
Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I have to agree with Skinnner on this one, as I wouldn't feed my pointer anything that I wouldn't eat myself, especially in this case where you don't even know what the substance was and that's regardless of how long you boiled it. My dog gets his two daily rations of Iams mixed with a little of bit of chicken broth and occasionally cooked rice mixed in and that's it. No table scraps or anything else for my best buddy!
Thatswhat i was getting at,thanx for typeing it out top.whats the point in even asking what it is if its already been turned into dog food and you clearly dont care what it is in the first place?sure its safe to eat after boiling it but thats still pretty gross and its not like your throwing away half an animal if you do discard it.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

I feed my dog Iams too.. Best dog food there is.. That being said, dog food does not hold a candle to the nutritional quality of real animal protein. Dogs are basically wolves, they weren't meant to eat rice and grain with some protein mixed in. The only reason we feed them "dog food" is because real meat product is too valuable.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I wouldn't feed my pointer anything that I wouldn't eat myself,
That's so ridiculous I'm not even sure how to respond... so I won't, except to say I'm not going to respond! LOL
Old 12-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Thatswhat i was getting at,thanx for typeing it out top.whats the point in even asking what it is if its already been turned into dog food and you clearly dont care what it is in the first place?sure its safe to eat after boiling it but thats still pretty gross and its not like your throwing away half an animal if you do discard it.
Oops.. I didn't mean to offend you by asking a simple question about something I didn't recognize.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
Oops.. I didn't mean to offend you by asking a simple question about something I didn't recognize.
Oh you never offended me i just found it strange that you would ask such a question if it really didnt matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.