Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Is a Sandero 300 Win Mag too much for White Tail? >

Is a Sandero 300 Win Mag too much for White Tail?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is a Sandero 300 Win Mag too much for White Tail?

Old 12-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

A Remington Sendero is a nice gun, but at 8.25 pounds before a scope, rings, Sling, bullets, mounts etc., You are looking at a heavy rig (10 or 11 pounds) for spot and stalk hunting all day. You can pay for the weight during the shot, or carry it around all day. Personally I have gravitated toward lighter guns, and not given the recoil a second thought. When the time comes to shoot, you forget about the noise and the recoil.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just get yourself a 330 WSM. Can hunt elk, deer with 180 gr bullet.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
Just get yourself a 330 WSM. Can hunt elk, deer with 180 gr bullet.
I asked my local dealer for a 330 WSM. He said there was a very long back order list for rifles of that caliber.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is no such thing as "too big" when it comes to cartridge size, only too small. I grew up shooting a 30.06 as my first bolt action and I have stuck with it for the most part. I use it from deer to coons simply because I know that gun like the back of my hand. Some would say its too big for coons, but I know that if I get an animal lined up in its sights, it's usually as good as dead. To answer your questions, If you can realiably and consistently shoot that cartridge without any diminishing results, GO FOR IT!! Its a more than adequate round for any NA game.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol dang what a long day! 300 WSM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
lol dang what a long day! 300 WSM.
Just messing with ya bro.
I knew what you meant.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Naw it's cool. I just lowered my head laughing.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

All the previous post are correct. I personally own a .308 sendero and love it. It is very accurate and very heavy. Not the gun to carry on a spot and stalk or in the woods. For a 200 yard plus shot it is the ticket. Mine has a bipod and from the prone position it is incredibly accurate. Great gun but not an everyday gun.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

It is Mag Na Ported they didn't have the brake when I had it done. The answer system sold thru Williams gun sight company at the time I didn't care for, as so much muzzle blast I felt assaulted my ears even with muffs on.

there are many places on both sides of Big Bay DeNoc where you can deer hunt. Way down past Garden is where a bunch of it is. My favorite deer blind in on the beach where I watch eagle's fish and once take a bath, Deer work along the beach to cranberry bogs where they feed on cranberries and the small cedars that grow there.
I wrote a story that got published in the Nov 2004 Michigan Out door Mag that had a picture from that beach blind where I shot a buck with My dads deer rifle just before he passed away.

Al
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had to read that last post slower to make sure it was the eagles taking a bath and not you, LOL! I remember back in August of about 76 or 77 when we were on vacation in the UP over by Mass in a one room hunting cabin with no running water. We went over to Lake Superior one day and our daughter was 10 or 11 at the time. She was fastidious about keeping clean and was very unhappy about staying in that lousy cabin all week. She said she was going to take a bath and stripped down to her panties and away she went When she hit the water you could have heard her scream all the way back to Allegan, as they say that lake never gets over about 52 degrees, LOL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.