Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Blood Trail Problems

Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter
Guys, just keep reporting him. Eventually the moderators will become tired of getting complaints, and remove him and block his IP address.
While I understand you are from Nebraska, moderators don't normally remove people simply because they stir controversy with differing opinions that hold validity.

Moderators usually ban people when they launch personal or insulting attacks against other members. (IE: watch as Topgun attacks me in various threads)

Of course, there are forums where its "My way or the highway" and dissenting opinions are not tolerated...but most folks wouldn't want to be a member of one of those forums anyhow.. regardless of your opinion.

oh.. and one other thing.. If you start reporting someone just because you don't agree with them, it will just get you ignored..

Boy who cried wolf scenario.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Murby
It was unwarranted.. Paste the question to 10 other forums not related to huntingnet.com
Not a relevant suggestion. It is posted here. What would happen on another forum simply doesn't matter. And I'm willing to bet that the other 4 forums I post on would respond exactly like this one

Flags, you might want to look up the definition of obtuse.. the insult doesn't fit the situation.

ob·tuse- annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand. I was going with the slow to understand definition. Not really what you call an insult but I'm beginning to think you're a little thin skinned

You were being obstinate with the totally unwarranted advice.. I was just pointing that out.

If a man asks for advice, it isn't obstinate to give advice. It is a remark on a situation the originator may not have thought of. Plus, it isn't up to you to decide if the advice is useful. That decision remains with the originator and you are not the originator.
Buddy, you got major issues if you can't let a minor disagreement on a completely different topic control you and every post you make from now on. Especially when it is a fact that what I offer someone else as advice is simply none of your business if it doesn't directly affect you. Here's a radical observation: The opinion of Murby really doesn't carry much weight with me.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Flags---It is obvious from the comments made by many other members on threads this guy posts on, including here, that you and I are not in the minority regarding him. This relative Newbie that came on the site 2 months ago has a large number of posts with a lot of stuff that is incorrect (ie. a bow doesn't need to be quiet to hunt whitetails, gun caliber mistakes, theory on head shots that don't hit the brain, etc.) or telling other people what to post and not to post like he just did you in this thread. I don't "attack" him, as he has just stated above, but I do call a spade a spade and when he posts stuff that is completely incorrect or appears to be just to stir things up by telling others what not to post I'll darn sure call him out on it. I wish he would take the advice given by a member a few posts up and read more before he makes posts that show he doesn't know what he's talking about. All it does in most instances is get a thread off track and away from what needs to be discussed. He could have very easily said nothing about the one part of your post and was/is the only one who had a problem with it. Nope, he had to get us off track by starting an argument over nothing and continues to do so. I believe that sort of fits the definition of an internet troll. It seems to be a common denominator every time he starts posting and I'm sure I'll have a rejoinder as soon as he reads this about it being a free country with freedom of speech or some such gibberish to keep things stirred up and will also have to add a few more smilies for emphasis, LOL!

EDIT: I see he just had to get in the last word with that post below here, but that is not surprising or ironic!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-21-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Buddy, you got major issues if you can't let a minor disagreement on a completely different topic control you and every post you make from now on.
Now there's irony... off topic comments.

Out of respect for the moderator's request, I digress.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

These posts are getting so long I'm going to have to get a cup of coffee to stay awake reading them.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

So anyways make sure you aren't trespassing and get permission to look for your deer if you are going on someone elses property if its state/public land don't worry bout that...just worry someone else found your deer...but most likely it was a low shot in the brisket and not lethal...but good luck searching.

Last edited by Wilcam47; 12-21-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
So anyways make sure you aren't trespassing and get permission to look for your deer if you are going on someone elses property if its state/public land don't worry bout that...just worry someone else found your deer...but most likely it was a low shot in the brisket and not lethal...but good luck searching.
Thanks for getting back on track.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by d80hunter
Thanks for getting back on track.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

This person is probably looking at this site now and asking himself what goes on here? Two answers to his questions and three pages of fighting. Jeez, If I was a member of PETA looking at this site I'd think a bunch of teenage girls were hunting and posting it on here.

Back to topic, I think Topgun has a great answer here. It you are EVER unsure of a hit, back out and come back the next day. A deer that is mortally wounded will usually bed down within a few hundred years and expire. With the snow you have, it would be an easy trail in the AM plus you can pick out a deer laying from a long way off. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
In that scenario you probably should have backed out until daylight and shouldn't have gone any further when you jumped it the first time and it kept going like it did. Do what Flags said and get permission to go back ASAP and see if you can find it, but I'm guessing he's correct and it was a muscle wound that will heal if it went that far. Blood trails can look like a deer is spilling gallons when in actuality it's not that much when compared to how much they have in them.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

I had something similar happen this year, just with a bow. I shot and hit a branch i missed while clearing shooting lanes and I thought I missed behind the deer until I found the arrow and there was blood on it. I left it for 8 hours and went back and tracked it. Tracking it I had the same experience with pools of blood followed by drops. About 400 yards from where I shot it I ended up jumping it. Decided to let it sit overnight after that. Next morning got on it again and tracked it another 2 miles and eventually found it. Last 150 yards there was no blood, was just going on leaves that were kicked up. He ended up just running out of blood. Was a muscle shot. If you can I would try to stay on it as long as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.