Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Awesome .308 blood trail (Video) >

Awesome .308 blood trail (Video)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Awesome .308 blood trail (Video)

Old 12-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ChasingTrophiesTV
I do reload my own ammo the bullet I used to harvest this deer was 43 grains of 3031 IMR and a Sierra 150 gr BT spitzer.
Cool
Old 12-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Spike

I'm still not 100% comfortable in front of the camera so if I make any mistakes on terminology while on the fly well I guess that is expected. We have an upcoming Flintlock season here in PA that I'm going to do some filming in I have had a Flintlock pistol for a couple years now that I've finally worked up a good shooting load with it so I might take that out and try to film while hunting with it
Old 12-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Spike

Murby, the reason California was used as an example is because they do have an effect across the country. California is the anti-hunting propaganda capital of the USA. They are the ones who try to sway the middle who are undecided towards anti hunting. The aspect of comparing state to state is fair, because their anti hunting messages do not stop at their state border. When it comes to drafting new laws and regulations, states look at other states that already have similar laws in effect.

ChasingTrophies, I did watch a variety of your videos. I even laughed at the one about your friend sleeping in the stand and the cameraman throwing twigs at his head. I will say it's good to see younger hunters active in this great sport/lifestyle, heck you're only a few years younger than me. I'm not hear to tear you down, but to give a little constructive criticism. Maybe invest in some better editing software or take more time with what you already have. Try doing double takes when possible, if you have trouble on camera like you said, don't be ashamed, all the pros do it too. Perhaps there are even some classes at your local community college that could help you out. Some of the members on here have been hunting far longer than you and me combined. Let's take their advice and see if we can use it, not take offense to it.

I'd also like to thank your relatives for their service. But, please don't use the argument that you are old enough to serve, unless you have actually served. It is a disrespect to those that have.

Last edited by TheDudeAbides; 12-21-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Murby, the reason California was used as an example is because they do have an effect across the country. California is the anti-hunting propaganda capital of the USA. They are the ones who try to sway the middle who are undecided towards anti hunting. In the aspect comparing state to state is fair, because their anti hunting messages do not stop at their state border. When it comes to drafting new laws and regulations, states look at other states that already have similar laws in effect.

ChasingTrophies, I did watch a variety of your videos. I even laughed at the one about your friend sleeping in the stand and the cameraman throwing twigs at his head. I will say it's good to see younger hunters active in this great sport/lifestyle, heck your only a few years younger than me. I'm not hear to tear you down, but to give a little constructive criticism. Maybe invest in some better editing software or take more time with what you already have. Try doing double takes when possible, if you have trouble on camera like you said, don't be ashamed, all the pros do it too. Perhaps there are even some classes at your local community college that could help you out. Some of the members on here have been hunting far longer than you and me combined. Let's take their advice and see if we can use it, not take offense to it.

I'd also like to thank your relatives for their service. But, please don't use the argument that you are old enough to serve, unless you have actually served. It is a disrespect to those that have.
Great post! It is refreshing to hear. Thanks for posting and Good Luck this and many seasons to come!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Murby, the reason California was used as an example is because they do have an effect across the country. California is the anti-hunting propaganda capital of the USA. They are the ones who try to sway the middle who are undecided towards anti hunting. In the aspect comparing state to state is fair, because their anti hunting messages do not stop at their state border. When it comes to drafting new laws and regulations, states look at other states that already have similar laws in effect.
Ya, that's a pretty good point.. Being from Michigan, and so far away, we tend to laugh at a lot of what happens in California..
Old 12-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post Dude!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Leatherwoodoutdoors on YouTube is a lot better video series. They are also from pa.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
Ya, that's a pretty good point.. Being from Michigan, and so far away, we tend to laugh at a lot of what happens in California..
A completely understandable attitude.

If this was 1890.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bbj270
Leatherwoodoutdoors on YouTube is a lot better video series. They are also from pa.
I've been getting the impression that they're making these videos more for their own posterity... Much like my generation uses photographs... They just happen to be sharing them with others as well.

Reading some of the OP's other posts, it's clear to me that he has much more realistic goals than becoming an outdoors channel sensation.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 12-21-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Kids like to video themselves. Whether it's this guy hunting deer or a group of punks vandalizing a million dollar house. It's the current rage that the ME generation is wrapped up in.

You can over analyze it all day but it's really pretty simple.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.