Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Junior Hunter (16 Years old) Self films buck kill >

Junior Hunter (16 Years old) Self films buck kill

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Junior Hunter (16 Years old) Self films buck kill

Old 12-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
My way of telling the story of the hunt is to point out a head on the wall and tell the story of the hunt verbally over a nice bourbon and branch water.
But I'm an old fuddy dud.
And I can respect that but respect our decision to be able to look back on film. I also think I speak for everyone that during the moment the adrenaline your body produces fogs your member it's nice to look back with clarity if you no longer get that rush you shouldn't be hunting remorse after is also something that should expressed

Last edited by ChasingTrophiesTV; 12-20-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a sony sport cam today. Not because this post but because I want to share my time in the woods with family that aren't fortunate enough to be with me. I shot an awesome bull this year that I will probably never top. I shot him and he ran towards me and dropped him at 30 yds. You can't tell me that wouldn't be cool to relive once in awhile, or with family.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rockport---Please reread the first two posts in this thread that I made. I was more than polite and even used the word "Please" asking him not to post those kind of videos out on youtube where people on the fence regarding hunting and guns would see them. I also stated in the second post that I didn't have a problem with them on a hunting site like this, but did when they are put out where the large percentage of the public that don't hunt could see them because they are detrimental to the sport I have loved and participated in for 60 years. All I got was a bunch of BS that he would continue doing what he wanted to do and would even post more because the more he put up and the more hits he got the more money he made. Things went to he** in a handbasket from there!!! It's lucky we weren't face to face because this 20 year old kid would have been very close to getting smacked in the mouth for the disrespect he shows to his elders, which is another thing that many of this younger generation do. This would not have elevated to what it did if he had come on and politely explained himself after I politely posted my first message to him. I'm done and it's obvioous that he'll continue doing whatever he wants because he and some of the other members that have responded obviously just don't get what some of us are trying to get across.
PS: For some of you that have not been following these threads closely, the person we are dealing with is 20 and is not the 16 year old that made the the video that is on this thread.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-20-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Spike

That is awesome I hope if you are successful and you do share it with us I personally like to watch others success! In Pennsylvania we have elk but only have roughly a hundred tags drawn per year so hunting elk without leaving the state is almost impossible. However deff a hunt on my bucket list as well as a moose hunt something I will do one finishing college and being able to drop 10k

Last edited by ChasingTrophiesTV; 12-20-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Rockport---Please reread the first two posts in this thread that I made. I was more than polite and even used the word "Please" asking him not to post those kind of videos out on youtube where people on the fence regarding hunting and guns would see them. I also stated in the second post that I didn't have a problem with them on a hunting site like this, but did when they are put out where the large percentage of the public that don't hunt could see them because they are detrimental to the sport I have loved and participated in for 60 years. All I got was a bunch of BS that he would continue doing what he wanted to do and would even post more because the more he put up and the more hits he got the more money he made. Things went to he** in a handbasket from there!!! It's lucky we weren't face to face because this 20 year old kid would have been very close to getting smacked in the mouth for the disrespect he shows to his elders, which is another thing that many of this younger generation do. This would not have elevated to what it did if he had come on and politely explained himself after I politely posted my first message to him. I'm done and it's obvioous that he'll continue doing whatever he wants because he and some of the other members that have responded obviously just don't get what some of us are trying to get across.
PS: For some of you that have not been following these threads closely, the person we are dealing with is 20 and is not the 16 year old that made the the video that is on this thread.
I read it and I don't think you were polite at all. I think you were very self righteous.

You don't even know this kid. I think after all this you still haven't ever properly explained what is wrong with the videos.

All your doing is running the kid off from a place he could likely learn something.

What good do you think you have done here? I'd say absolutely zero.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ChasingTrophiesTV
That is awesome I hope if you are successful and you do share it with us I personally like to watch others success! In Pennsylvania we have elk but only have roughly a hundred tags drawn per year so hunting elk without leaving the state is almost impossible. However deff a hunt on my bucket list as well as a moose hunt something I will do one finishing college and being able to drop 10k
*** Start buying a $50 Preference Point for elk in Wyoming each summer and by the time you finish school you'll have enough points to have a good hunt out there. I might even be willing to take you out and get you a good bull and it won't cost you more than about $2K for the tag and gas to get back and forth from PA.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Below are the two posts I referred to and I have no idea how you can read them and make the statements you have! One last time---I HAVE NO PROBLEM with the videos if they were strictly on hunting websites. It's when they are all posted out on youtube for nonhunters to see where I have the problem. What do you not understand when I keep saying that? Cripes, I told him to stick around on the Forums to learn from us old timers and even offered to help him on a future elk hunt in my last post, so I'm sure not trying to run him off this site!

My Posts To Him:

Please read my reply on your other thread regarding your total of four posts on this site that all involve your "team" deer videos that for the most part were apparently made and posted just to show lots of blood. Thank you!

Quote:
Hunting isn't a video game.
Grow up.

That is basically the point I was trying to make! It's not that I have a problem if the videos were just on a hunting website. However, these videos and all the other stuff I mentioned on the other thread is out on the main youtube internet website where many antis or people who are on the fence regarding hunting visit regularly. When they see that stuff IMHO it doesn't help us keep our sport alive and well!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-20-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Spike

That would be awesome I have relatives in Arizona that also want me to apply for a bull tag down there but I got two years of college left to get my degree in computer forensics and security so it's still a far off dream
Old 12-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

*** Start buying a $50 Preference Point for elk in Wyoming each summer and by the time you finish school you'll have enough points to have a good hunt out there. I might even be willing to take you out and get you a good bull and it won't cost you more than about $2K for the tag and gas to get back and forth from PA.
That would be awesome I have relatives in Arizona that also want me to apply for a bull tag down there but I got two years of college left to get my degree in computer forensics and security so it's still a far off dream
Very cool guys... Opening a line of communication may lead to a mutual respect, which may help settle this down.

For the record, I've been communicating with Top since early in 2008. Back in the days when the NAHC website was doing much better than it's doing in more recent times.

Tho we don't always agree, I've always considered Top to be a stand up guy, and have always respected his opinions.

Chasing Trophies, please remember what I said about respect... I know that Top is, and believe that Bullcamp is also a retired LEO. The reason I mention this is to point out that they have a very strong sense of what they believe is right, or wrong... No doubt both have seen enough right, and wrong throughout there careers.

A little understanding, and respect "all around" goes a long ways!!!

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 12-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Below are the two posts I referred to and I have no idea how you can read them and make the statements you have! One last time---I HAVE NO PROBLEM with the videos if they were strictly on hunting websites. It's when they are all posted out on youtube for nonhunters to see where I have the problem. What do you not understand when I keep saying that? Cripes, I told him to stick around on the Forums to learn from us old timers and even offered to help him on a future elk hunt in my last post, so I'm sure not trying to run him off this site!

My Posts To Him:

Please read my reply on your other thread regarding your total of four posts on this site that all involve your "team" deer videos that for the most part were apparently made and posted just to show lots of blood. Thank you!

Quote:
Hunting isn't a video game.
Grow up.

That is basically the point I was trying to make! It's not that I have a problem if the videos were just on a hunting website. However, these videos and all the other stuff I mentioned on the other thread is out on the main youtube internet website where many antis or people who are on the fence regarding hunting visit regularly. When they see that stuff IMHO it doesn't help us keep our sport alive and well!
How about this one?
***That's what happens when you don't think things out from all angles!!! These are younguns that need to quickly learn that hunting is not just about killing and blood, but rather the whole aspect of being out in the great outdoors that God gave us! If they just want blood and guts, they can stay with their video games!

I'm not going to continue to argue about it. Just give it some thought.

Very self righteous IMO and I think a lot more people would visit here if it was toned down a few notches.

Its not just this one instance either or just you.

I think the situation was handled very poorly by the resident "wisdom"

Last edited by rockport; 12-20-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.