Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New to Hunting 1 question

Old 12-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Bullcamp had a very good idea! Find a mentor locally that you can tag along with and learn from. Just like driving is more than getting in a vehicle and putting it in drive the same goes for hunting.

I wish you the best of luck and WELCOME! I'm always thrilled to see new people taking up our cherished outdoor lifestyle. Let me know if you have any more questions I'll be glad to try to help. The only bad question is the one you don't ask.

Last edited by kswild; 12-17-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Also be advised a Fl hunting license is not like a Fl drivers license. It is not good in any other state. Your out of Fl license will cost much more and the hunting rules will be different in each state. Do alot of resaerch on each state's laws as law enforcement does not take ignorance as an excuse. Good luck in your hunting and come back and tell us how you do.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

With one exception. You can hunt in Colorado on a license from Florida.
Its a new law though, not all the wardens in CO are aware of it just yet.
You may have to explain it to the warden that checks you.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
I think Muley should step forward and serve as mentor for this new guy.

Anybody second that?
Lol i would second that but that would be a mean thing to do.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Spike

thanks for the help guys.. for all who are really helping.. for those who think they are funny sorry i was not born knowing how to hunt like you guys. Anyway anyone know were i can find this "book" for guidelines in Florida or were i can get these "Tags" thanks in advanced
Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Spike

Hey.... I m new to this and i want to introduce me. If there is any option for introduction then plz rply me. I want to make freinds on this.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting rules and regulations books are usually stacked on the sporting goods counter at walmart. First thing you will need to do is attend a hunter education class. The class here was about 6 hours I think. Then you will need to get a hunting license for each individual state you plan on hunting. You can not just go out anywhere and hunt. You will need to seek out public hunting lands or national forest land (requires purchase of national forest stamp) in the state you plan on hunting. If hunting anywhere else you will need written land owner permission to hunt there. Like they said you really need someone to show you the ropes
Old 12-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Start here:
http://myfwc.com/hunting/

You can download regs, and there's info on public land in Florida, hunting seasons, etc.

Welcome to the sport.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

OK.
Maybe I was wrong.
I thought the original post sounded like a gag.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
Start here:
http://myfwc.com/hunting/

You can download regs, and there's info on public land in Florida, hunting seasons, etc.

Welcome to the sport.
To quote an old friend " Huntings not a sport with us Ok, it's a way of life" Si Robertson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.