Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ohio law on finding a dead buck on ur property? >

Ohio law on finding a dead buck on ur property?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ohio law on finding a dead buck on ur property?

Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cr422
Well friend, there are a couple of things about your post that made my brain go "Huh?"

First of all, you can't tell if it was hit by a car or shot?

And next, you're asking people on the internet for legal advice, most of whom don't even live in your state?

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking maybe somethin' ain't according to Hoyle here.
If it' been dead for a while then I'm not surprised they can't tell. Allot of times when you find them dead after a while you cannot tell if there is any injury to them at all.
-Jake
Old 12-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
If it' been dead for a while then I'm not surprised they can't tell. Allot of times when you find them dead after a while you cannot tell if there is any injury to them at all.
-Jake
Could be. He says he's just wanting to mount the antlers and skull.

I don't know if I'd want to mount it on my wall and tell people it was road kill. Not much braggin' rights there. Unless you were the one who hit it.

There's nothing wrong with that. I heard that a deer gets hit by a car every six minutes in Michigan. So I bought myself a beater and I just drive around country roads at night. Got 19 so far and don't have to worry about deer season either.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cr422
There's nothing wrong with that. I heard that a deer gets hit by a car every six minutes in Michigan. So I bought myself a beater and I just drive around country roads at night. Got 19 so far and don't have to worry about deer season either.
ROFLMAO... That's hilarious!!
Old 12-19-2013, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by theshark
Sounds like "Poaching" to me.
Its not poaching!!!!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

You should have left the deer in place where it layed, then contacted DNR for permit. Not sure what they will say since you took the head.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good to call the local state game authorities

They know the law and the specifics of the law.

Most of us on these sites are hunters and no way a lawyer.

And we don't issue the tickets or the fines, if any.