Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anti hunters hit Giant City State park in Illinois during shotgun season. >

Anti hunters hit Giant City State park in Illinois during shotgun season.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti hunters hit Giant City State park in Illinois during shotgun season.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
ANTI's: Hello Mr. Police officer, I'd like to file a complaint about a hunter who sprayed me with xxxxx..

COP: Well hello there, sure, I'd be happy to take your complaint and go arrest this bad hunter.

ANTI's: So what do I need to do to file a complaint?

COP: Well, first of all, can you tell me what he looked like?

ANTI's: Yes sir, he was wearing camouflage pants, camouflage coat, camouflage ski-mask looking thing, camouflage cloves, and camouflage boots.

COP: Was this a white person or black person or asian?

ANTI's: Well, he looked black.. but he also looked white.. and he kind of looked yellow.. and some brown.. and some gray..

All units, be advised to be on the lookout for a hunter wearing camouflage..
And all the while they are video taping you as you do this and then pack your stuff and leave, heading to your vehicle, your license plates and all. So you now have stooped to their level and their antics. Nice.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SecondChance
And all the while they are video taping you as you do this and then pack your stuff and leave, heading to your vehicle, your license plates and all. So you now have stooped to their level and their antics. Nice.
Huh? I don't understand your comment.. They are video taping you as you do this??

I did get the part of stooping to their level but not sure if I see the relevance of it.

There is an old saying:
"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with stupidity"

Is that what you mean?
Old 12-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
Huh? I don't understand your comment.. They are video taping you as you do this??

I did get the part of stooping to their level but not sure if I see the relevance of it.

There is an old saying:
"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with stupidity"

Is that what you mean?
I agree with Murdy, I have no idea what second chance is saying. Whats wrong with video taping them, writing down and photographing their plate number? I would do the same thing and any CO would tell you to do it as well.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

What a bunch of uneducated morons. I wonder how many of them actually contribute some of their hard earned money to the conservation of wildlife like us hunters do with license sales, hunting gear and hunting federations. Not many, I'm sure. They should read a little. I wonder what they would think if someone followed them on a hiking trail while they where bird watching and we scared their passion away
Old 12-23-2013, 05:40 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

It is a mindset that is almost what you might think of as a religion. Animals are people to them. And some of these types would even consider animals to be superior to people. So you are not going to have any kind of rational discussion with them - the idea of videotaping, getting license plates, and prosecuting is about all you can do.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

That's ridiculous.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
I agree with Murdy, I have no idea what second chance is saying. Whats wrong with video taping them, writing down and photographing their plate number? I would do the same thing and any CO would tell you to do it as well.
And I agree with what murby, and others as well, said in regards to video taping them doing what they are doing, faces and all. But why get down from a safe/superior elevated position and then do what they just done, but yet not seen, to only allow yourself to do the same thing openly and be video taped doing what will later be charged as a simple assualt case on you and not them for they were not seen, just smelled, and you clearly seen and videoed? That and why allow them to follow you back to your vehicle, your license plates, for them to use later for whatever dibolical reason? Not to mention, you are now clearly in possession of a firearm for them to twist turn around into some grey interpertation area of one of those buttmunches to alledged that they felt threatened by you moving/removeing your weapon in what they felt was their personal direction. And was said earlier, they were dropped off. No parked vehicles for them to return to, just picked up. Yours is parked, waiting, takes time to unload and store gear properly. Plenty of time for them to video.

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-24-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
And I agree with what murby, and others as well, said in regards to video taping them doing what they are doing, faces and all. But why get down from a safe/superior elevated position and then do what they just done, but yet not seen, to only allow yourself to do the same thing openly and be video taped doing what will later be charged as a simple assualt case on you and not them for they were not seen, just smelled, and you clearly seen and videoed? That and why allow them to follow you back to your vehicle, your license plates, for them to use later for whatever dibolical reason? Not to mention, you are now clearly in possession of a firearm for them to twist turn around into some grey interpertation area of one of those buttmunches to alledged that they felt threatened by you moving/removeing your weapon in what they felt was their personal direction. And was said earlier, they were dropped off. No parked vehicles for them to return to, just picked up. Yours is parked, waiting, takes time to unload and store gear properly. Plenty of time for them to video.
If you don't follow them back and get there plate number and such then you just ar encouraging the action. I would have my video camera going from start to finish as I walked near their car. I wouldn't confront them but get within 50 yards and photograph plate numbers, the car type and the person getting into it. After I had all that I would head back to my stand. It already has cologne sprayed near it, why not get down and get proof of who is doing it. If you just sit in your stand, that person will go to his PETA friends and encourage them to do the same thing. If you give the CO evidence of what they are doing then he can show up at there door and tell them what they are doing is illegal and to cease what he/she is doing. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I doubt seriously that what you're stating will accomplish anything and most of those people are wacky enough that they are willing to be tossed in jail and prosecuted to further their mission. Maybe a few shots in a safe direction away from them while hollering "there goes one" would make them think that they might want to get out of Dodge before they get shot by a stray bullet or slug!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

So instead of taking videos and license numbers you would fire shots. Now that is just showing how insane you are. Bet it wouldnt take the police a few minutes to get there and arrest your sorry but for a number of charges. Some peoples children!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.