Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anti hunters hit Giant City State park in Illinois during shotgun season. >

Anti hunters hit Giant City State park in Illinois during shotgun season.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti hunters hit Giant City State park in Illinois during shotgun season.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
Illinois does have a hunter harassment law, 720 ILCS 125/0.01-4
Text here: http://statutes.laws.com/illinois/chapter720/1881

The camera is a great idea. Not sure why he DNR employee didn't follow up, but it would be worthwhile to file a report with either a CPO or the sheriff's department. Never know when they might get caught, and if law enforcement has you on record, it might result in another charge being added.
That we knew. But they have to be seen doing what they are doing by the LEO and then its still a toss up if they are going to do anything. A CPO was contacted and who knows after that.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
That sucks to hear, I always said that if I gun hunted public land again I would want to hunt there. I hunted it a lot during college and its a great area. I know that these tree huggers tried to buy up all the permits for Crab Orchard a few years back. While they probably ruin a few hunters day, with them walking around they probably kill more deer by pushing them to other hunters than they save.

If they did something like that to me I'd probably follow them back to there car and get a description of the vehicle.
Be my luck that if I did that they would call the law on me for stalking them with a weapon!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

I agree get your phone out and start video taping them. Make sure you get there faces and some of them in the act. Also if they start leaving get their cars and license plate numbers. As they said it is a public park and you have a right to video what is happening out there. If you have some fox pee or deer pee be sure to spray some on them and say thank you. Skunk scent would be great also.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

I'm actually a bit surprised that we haven't heard of a hunter shooting at people like that before..
While most of us hunters are level headed folks (more or less), there are those out there who shouldn't own firearms to begin with... You get one of them on a bad day and these anti-hunters ruin a good shot for someone who's not playing with a full deck and is already pissed off, and you never know what could happen.. That bright orange just becomes a convenient target at that point.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Spike

You ever notice the wonderful part about these type of confrontations? Whether it is the gun grabbers or anti hunters against the true sportsmen or gun owner, who always behaves the best and is more reasonable in their actions and polite? This folks, is why I will always keep my guns,these people are the nutty ones.

Last edited by sbgrace; 12-21-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

After a run in with a rookie hunter wannabe retired military reserve colonel by the name of Flynn, in Cass County last year, the CO told me they won't do a dam thing without video evidence. Even then the hunter harassment charges are rarely enforced. The CO even agreed the guy was a tool.

As a result I bought a new GoPro and never go afield without my Samsung mini, just in case.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
I agree get your phone out and start video taping them. Make sure you get there faces and some of them in the act. Also if they start leaving get their cars and license plate numbers. As they said it is a public park and you have a right to video what is happening out there. If you have some fox pee or deer pee be sure to spray some on them and say thank you. Skunk scent would be great also.
Hard to do from an elevated deer stand to spray something on someone. Not to mention that they as well more than likely have a video camera of some type to video you spraying them to then make it an assualt case!!!! Just what they are wanting!!!!! Videoing them doing what they did and are doing is good.
But!!! All they are doing is walking through a public park, nothing against the law. Didn't see them spraying the scent, just smelled it afterwards. And they were dropped off, so no vehicles to video.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Hard to do from an elevated deer stand to spray something on someone. Not to mention that they as well more than likely have a video camera of some type to video you spraying them to then make it an assualt case!!!! Just what they are wanting!!!!! Videoing them doing what they did and are doing is good.
But!!! All they are doing is walking through a public park, nothing against the law. Didn't see them spraying the scent, just smelled it afterwards. And they were dropped off, so no vehicles to video.
So you are saying that it is OK for them to spray hunters but not vice versa. BS with you videoing what is going on. I would do what they are and then ask why they were not charged. Sorry what is good for the goose etc.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
So you are saying that it is OK for them to spray hunters but not vice versa. BS with you videoing what is going on. I would do what they are and then ask why they were not charged. Sorry what is good for the goose etc.
I never said he said they sprayed him. Re-read the post. I said that they said they hoped he falls out of the stand and then sprayed perfume around and left. He was in a tree stand!!!!! And why should he, or anyone else that this happens to, NOT video what they are doing to harrass the hunter in the process of hunting, starting or ending?
Old 12-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Not to mention that they as well more than likely have a video camera of some type to video you spraying them to then make it an assualt case!!!!
ANTI's: Hello Mr. Police officer, I'd like to file a complaint about a hunter who sprayed me with xxxxx..

COP: Well hello there, sure, I'd be happy to take your complaint and go arrest this bad hunter.

ANTI's: So what do I need to do to file a complaint?

COP: Well, first of all, can you tell me what he looked like?

ANTI's: Yes sir, he was wearing camouflage pants, camouflage coat, camouflage ski-mask looking thing, camouflage cloves, and camouflage boots.

COP: Was this a white person or black person or asian?

ANTI's: Well, he looked black.. but he also looked white.. and he kind of looked yellow.. and some brown.. and some gray..

All units, be advised to be on the lookout for a hunter wearing camouflage..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.