HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   hunting facility concerns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/387632-hunting-facility-concerns.html)

Jacila 11-29-2013 01:21 PM

hunting facility concerns

My husband and friends recently went on a deer hunt in Texas at Triple S Pecos River Trophy Hunts. Please be careful in booking hunts at this establishment. The photographs are misleading as none of the described amenities exist. The entire facility is rundown, however there is game on the property. The owner offered a second hunt at an attractive price to make up for the unsatisfactory experience, then called 2 days before the hunt and first said there had been an ice storm and there was no electricity, then when told they would come and get hotel rooms, confessed that despite having received their deposits, he had booked another group in to hunt the same time as the second group was paying full price. He then tried to get my husband's group to come the following week. These men had already taken time off from work and made arrangements to have their other responsibilities handled in their absence from their homes. This is totally unacceptable behavior and this group at any rate will be spending hunting time and money elsewhere. You, too, might want to beware of this establishment.

early in 11-29-2013 01:36 PM

That's what you get when you "hunt trophies" on a game farm. :bash:

Lunkerdog 11-29-2013 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by early in (Post 4102761)
That's what you get when you "hunt trophies" on a game farm. :bash:

Or "don't" get:confused0024:

Topgun 3006 11-29-2013 02:15 PM

Has anyone noticed that theses types of complaints are almost always from a first time poster on a website?!!! Looks like these guys were dumb enough to be taken to the cleaners twice, LOL!

Lunkerdog 11-29-2013 02:27 PM

Top, we'll see if this poster is spaming the hunting sites like the last one did... The person who made the last complaint never returned again to reply.

early in 11-29-2013 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4102773)
Has anyone noticed that theses types of complaints are almost always from a first time poster on a website?!!! Looks like these guys were dumb enough to be taken to the cleaners twice, LOL!

Yes I have noticed that. There's always a "glutton for punishment" out there. :s2:

nchawkeye 11-29-2013 03:56 PM

Classy first post....... :(

Bullcamp82834 11-29-2013 05:04 PM

Let the buyer beware.

And with some research the ripoff can usually be avoided.

Mojotex 11-30-2013 07:48 AM

I have gone the "pay hunt" route 5 times. Three in Texas and two in Montana. Montana mule deer experiences could not have been better. Texas ??? .... 1 for 3. In fact one was a total fabrication of facilities, services and game. My cousin must be one hard headed son of a gun. He's continued using the same "outfitter". Me ... I will not even listen to this guy ever again.

KonKata 11-30-2013 08:49 AM

I was talking to a guy I know and he does guided hunts all the time. He said he's only been jipped on one of his many hunts, but he also said it was a cheap hunt so he should have been expecting it.

I guess it was supposed to be a fully guided hunt but whoever ran it just gave him a map of the area where the deer stands were at, wished him luck and sent him on his way.

You get what you pay for, I guess. And then there are some scammers out there. It really benefits you to do some research to lower the chances of being disappointed before you book a hunt.