Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help with Neighbor Problems

Old 11-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Murby
That's about the dumbest idea I have ever heard.. Top 10 for STUPID for sure.

No offense meant but you have no idea what you are talking about.. My guess is that you don't own your own land or that you are a youngster in your teens or twenties who has more testosterone than brains at this young point in your life.

You don't know a damn thing do you? Not only do I own my own land, but I've spent more than 25 years on Active Duty!

Your vigilante revenge attitude will do nothing but get you sued in a major way that would probably result in your insurance company denying your claim and your neighbor eventually owning your property.

Preventing trespassing at the point of trespassing does not create a vigilante attitude. I suggest you look up the definition of vigilante. There is no way any one could sue you for doing what I suggest on your own land. Anyone that gets property damaged by this method is admitting to trespassing. Case dismissed immediately!

If your neighbor tracks a deer onto your land and gets hurt by a booby-trap you've set, he can, and will, sue the living crap out of you and will win. And that might be the least of your worries as prison time might also be in the cards.

Don't know about where you live, but where I do, you still need landowner permission to come after a wounded deer. Besides, the boards would only be where the ATV's have been entering, not around the entire perimeter and such a thing is not a "booby trap". I suggest you look up the definition of booby trap. I'm starting to think that reading isn't your strong suit.

You'd probably end up on the front page of google news with that stunt...

You're a moron if you believe this statement. Google news! For a flat tire on an ATV belonging to a trespasser! This has to qualify as one of the top 5 dumbest things I've ever heard!

NEWS FLASH: Ten year old boy looking for his lost 3 legged dog dies due to vigilante neighbor setting death traps on his property..

Since when would a board with some nails be a "death trap"? Are you serious? You can't possible be this stupid!

Does that set off any warning lights for you?

Yeah, it warns to never take anything you post serious. Do you have any idea just how stupid you appear right now? Have you been drinking? Nobody stone cold sober could have written this idiotic drivel.
Congratulations, you have just gone full retard. NEVER GO FULL RETARD! Based on your above comments you're officially dumber than 100 head of sheep!

Last edited by flags; 11-29-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

You don't know a damn thing do you? Not only do I own my own land, but I've spent more than 25 years on Active Duty!
ROFLMAO.. that's funny.. the active duty part... Care to explain how your military service is relevant to this conversation? Or were you just throwing that in there in a poor attempt to convert our appreciation for your service into a mistaken assumption of your knowledge?
In fact, the polar reverse would apply here... Since you haven't been a regular part of civilian society for such a long time, you've probably lost touch with certain aspects.

Preventing trespassing at the point of trespassing does not create a vigilante attitude. I suggest you look up the definition of vigilante. There is no way any one could sue you for doing what I suggest on your own land. Anyone that gets property damaged by this method is admitting to trespassing. Case dismissed immediately!
But you're not "preventing" the trespassing.. You're punishing the trespasser after the fact.. Perhaps you should look up the definition yourself.
No one is going to sue you for property damage resulting in their trespassing.. but if someone steps on that board of nails, you're going to be liable in a big way if they can prove you left that board of nails there.. (and that probably wouldn't be to difficult)
Your 25 years behind bars..err.. I mean in the military is showing... You might want to get back in touch with society before you go booby-trapping your property.
Personal injury and property damage are two very different subjects.

Let me give you an example.... If someones pet is attacking your chickens, you can shoot their pet and they're out of luck.. But if BillyBob himself is over there attacking or even stealing your chickens, you can not shoot him.
Lets take it down a notch.. If you see JoeBob trespassing, you can confiscate his 4 wheeler, stick it in your basement and lock it up.. He'll have to sue you to get it back.
That doesn't mean you can lock up JoeBob and just hold him for as long as you please.

The same holds true for the board of nails.. if you damage his ATV, that's his problem.. but if he gets off his ATV and steps on that nail, you're in trouble.. Hope you have good liability insurance.

Don't know about where you live, but where I do, you still need landowner permission to come after a wounded deer.
Yup.. here too.. But unless its posted and unless you've had prior reported problems with the same person, no prosecutor is going to do anything about someone trying to recover their kill. Yes, technically you'd be in the right.. but its not the way things work in the real world.

Besides, the boards would only be where the ATV's have been entering, not around the entire perimeter and such a thing is not a "booby trap". I suggest you look up the definition of booby trap. I'm starting to think that reading isn't your strong suit.
Seriously? Extrapolation and abstract thinking are not your strong points eh?
And when the guy starts pushing his ATV back across the fence line and steps on your booby-trap, hope you have a good lawyer or a lot of money...

No, you wouldn't make google news for damaging someone's property.. But you would almost certainly be there for being stupid enough to leave a booby-trap that ends up hospitalizing someone for a crime as minor as trespassing.
Is it possible that 25 years of military service has somehow dulled your regard for human suffering? Every job has its occupational hazards.

Since when would a board with some nails be a "death trap"? Are you serious? You can't possible be this stupid!
Have you ever seen a child trip and fall?? Back to the extrapolation and abstract thinking issues. Ya.. a nail sticking up on a board is probably not going to kill someone.. its 1000 times more likely to just send them to the hospital with a nail through their foot. But what if the kid steps on the nail, jerks away to grab his foot and falls onto the other nails.. One nail through his brain bucket and you're going to prison for the rest of your life. Just to stop a trespasser? And you call me a moron?

I think maybe your warning lights are all burned out.. Let me suggest you call an attorney and ask if its a smart idea to put a board of nails sticking up in front of a crossing area on your property.. ROFLMAO...
Old 11-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

You better stop while you're way behind Murby because most of what you're posting is absolute BS and is not the way the laws read in many jurisdictions. FLAGS was stating his service time to contradict your statement that he was probably a teenager, which you were way off on like most everything else you have posted. Denegrating his service time like you have done also shows your stupidity when you can't come up with anything better. Maybe you're the teenager who hasn't been on this planet long enough to know squat about what you post, LOL!
Old 11-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
You better stop while you're way behind Murby because most of what you're posting is absolute BS and is not the way the laws read in many jurisdictions. FLAGS was stating his service time to contradict your statement that he was probably a teenager, which you were way off on like most everything else you have posted. Denegrating his service time like you have done also shows your stupidity when you can't come up with anything better. Maybe you're the teenager who hasn't been on this planet long enough to know squat about what you post, LOL!
Top,

Every forum has a fool. We now know who it is on this forum. Do a quick search of some of this guy's posts and it is readily apparent that he has very, very little actual experience. Did you happen to catch the post he started where he said Nikon is junk? Here is it if you want to look it over:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scop...junk-junk.html

And then there was this "earth shattering" discovery about tapping your scope to settle it. You and I have known about this for 40 years. Here's that gem:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scop...justments.html

Oh, and Murdy, how about explaining this quote taken directly from one of your posts: "One of the first signs of a weak position is an unsolicited and irrelevant attack from another angle."

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...amazing-2.html

What the hell is your rant here if not an "unsolicited and irrelevant" attack? What prompted the blast from you? You seem to have taken some sort of offense to the advice I gave the man, advice everyone but you seems to agree with, and rather than simply disagreeing in a rational manner, you go off the deep end. By the way, if you're the only one that disagrees, then logic dictates that your view point is flawed. Or are you really trying to say everyone else is wrong? If so, then not only are you a full retard, you're a fool as well.

You got some issues there Buddy. I ain't your enemy, but if you want to declare war, I'm game. But you'll lose and you'll lose big!

Last edited by flags; 11-29-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Top,

Every forum has a fool. We now know who it is on this forum. Do a quick search of some of this guy's posts and it is readily apparent that he has very, very little actual experience. Did you happen to catch the post he started where he said Nikon is junk? Here is it if you want to look it over:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scop...junk-junk.html

And then there was this "earth shattering" discovery about tapping your scope to settle it. You and I have known about this for 40 years. Here's that gem:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scop...justments.html

Oh, and Murdy, how about explaining this quote taken directly from one of your posts: "One of the first signs of a weak position is an unsolicited and irrelevant attack from another angle."

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...amazing-2.html

What the hell is your rant here if not an "unsolicited and irrelevant" attack? What prompted the blast from you? You seem to have taken some sort of offense to the advice I gave the man, advice everyone but you seems to agree with, and rather than simply disagreeing in a rational manner, you go off the deep end. By the way, if you're the only one that disagrees, then logic dictates that your view point is flawed. Or are you really trying to say everyone else is wrong? If so, then not only are you a full retard, you're a fool as well.

You got some issues there Buddy. I ain't your enemy, but if you want to declare war, I'm game. But you'll lose and you'll lose big!

My rant is your very poor advice to set traps that could injure and potentially kill someone.

Hey man.. You go ahead and set booby traps on your own property..
Good luck to you.

And I do have issues.. with stupidity. (like those who advocate setting dangerous traps)

There are enough stupid hunters out there as it is.. Please remain indoors for our protection.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I'd have to disagree with your analogy 100%.......Do $50 bills seek out certain habitats? Because mature bucks certainly do and they will absolutely be found year after year in these habitats. Nothing is etched in stone but certain areas will hold big bucks every year.
I hunt a 500 acre farm and Ive seen 3 monsters in the last 2 years...all 3 in the same small portion of the farm.
I have to "agree" with your analogy 100%... In fact barring any major habitat disruption "logging, hunter invasion" things like rut lines, bedrooms, and territories tend to remain traditional year after year, and generation to generation of whitetails.

Of course they will change over time as the earth goes threw it's own natural changes, but that may take decades. There's an area I've hunted since 1987 that I can bring you to rut lines that have been re-run every year. We've owned our home since 1997, and I can bring you to rut lines that have been re-run every year since we've been here. I can bring you to bedding, feeding, and watering areas that deer have been using year after year since then as well.

Our home is surrounded by 1000's of acres of Spruce Bog. I can bring you into that bog and show you trail networks, and trail hubs that have clearly been being utilized for decades. Those trails are being utilized buy other game such as bears, and wolves as well, but whitetails far outnumber those other animals, and it's very clear that they are using those trails the most.

Not all whitetail habitat is created equal, and there are reasons they utilize those habitats under normal, or pressured conditions.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 11-29-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Little Doe Peep

Cool

I think the most realistic concern with regard to setting booby traps would be the possibility of retaliation.

Let's say your neighbor gets a punctured tire or tires on his ATV. He's going to know who is responsible, right?

So you go out on a cold morning and head out for work. A tire on your vehicle goes flat. You find a couple of screws in the tire. You know who did it, but can't prove it.

Was it worth it? Not to me, but that's just me.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Sometimes a person has to pick their battles and sometimes has to know when to just walk away. Years ago on a cold snowy night when I lived in a small town south of here near Burlington I heard a knock at the door. I answered the door and there was a short dumpy looking guy telling me he just ran over my mail box. I lived on an outside corner in a residential development and when he came around the corner too fast he went off the road taking my mail box out. I could tell he had been drinking and had to evaluate whether to call the cops. I mentioned that I probably should report it but he said he would take care of the box and relace it with a new one. I recognised him from the main drag area outside the development so I agreed. A couple of days went by and I wasn't getting the mail so I figured I better just replace the box and did so. Digging out the post in the frost wasn't pleasant but once I started I had it all like new in a couple of hours. I debated whether to contact the guy and send him the bill for replacement materials and then figured what the heck it was done and hopefully I wouldn't have to deal with him again. A few months later I saw in the paper where this dirt bag was arrested for murder at a state fishing access area near the house. I guess he and another guy had been drinking and there was a disagreement so the guy pulled a knife and killed his drinking buddy. The whole thing just came back to me on how close I was to making a big deal about the mailbox. Something in the back of my head said just let it go. That is probably why they call me Mr. Lucky.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, and Murdy, how about explaining this quote taken directly from one of your posts:
Flags, I'm guessing that's a typo... But figured I'd let you know that there is a "Murdy", and a "Murby" that post in this forum. The nature of their posts is night, and day.

I don't agree with Murby's methodology, but do have to agree with his logic in this debate.

Coming to a public forum and giving someone advise is one thing. Giving advice that could lead to someone being injured is another. Sorry, but I believe that the board with nails in it is a bad idea, and just plain bad advice.

If that member takes your advice they are setting themselves for potential liabilities, and you're vicariously sending them down that path.

I know that this is just a scenario, but it's something that could actually happen... Imagine that trespasser steps on those nail, and gets poked in the foot... Initially, no big deal, the idiot got a poke in his foot... Now that idiot doesn't have any health insurance, so he doesn't bother getting the foot checked out, he also hasn't had a Tetnus shot in over 15 years... Fast forward a couple of weeks, and now the idiots foot is severely infected... He still doesn't seek medical attention because he can't afford it... A another week latter the idiot is facing a foot amputation that's going to be paid for on the tax payers dime.

Like I said, it's just a scenario, but anyone who's been around any amount of time knows that crazier things have happened. Those crazy things have happened because the pieces of the puzzle were put in place before they happened.

Some more food for thought on this subject... Here in MN you "don't" need a landowners permission to recover wounded game. Someone could track game on my property no where near where that board maybe, then follow the path of least resistance I.E. a wheeler trail to leave it... What could go wrong there???

At this point I can only hope that the OP is wise enough not to take any advise that "may" cause personal, and/or property damage... It's just a bad idea...

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 11-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Flags, I'm guessing that's a typo... But figured I'd let you know that there is a "Murdy", and a "Murby" that post in this forum. The nature of their posts is night, and day.

I don't agree with Murby's methodology, but do have to agree with his logic in this debate.

Coming to a public forum and giving someone advise is one thing. Giving advice that could lead to someone being injured is another. Sorry, but I believe that the board with nails in it is a bad idea, and just plain bad advice.

If that member takes your advice they are setting themselves for potential liabilities, and you're vicariously sending them down that path.

I know that this is just a scenario, but it's something that could actually happen... Imagine that trespasser steps on those nail, and gets poked in the foot... Initially, no big deal, the idiot got a poke in his foot... Now that idiot doesn't have any health insurance, so he doesn't bother getting the foot checked out, he also hasn't had a Tetnus shot in over 15 years... Fast forward a couple of weeks, and now the idiots foot is severely infected... He still doesn't seek medical attention because he can't afford it... A another week latter the idiot is facing a foot amputation that's going to be paid for on the tax payers dime.

Like I said, it's just a scenario, but anyone who's been around any amount of time knows that crazier things have happened. Those crazy things have happened because the pieces of the puzzle were put in place before they happened.

Some more food for thought on this subject... Here in MN you "don't" need a landowners permission to recover wounded game. Someone could track game on my property no where near where that board maybe, then follow the path of least resistance I.E. a wheeler trail to leave it... What could go wrong there???

At this point I can only hope that the OP is wise enough not to take any advise that "may" cause personal, and/or property damage... It's just a bad idea...
Sometimes I should take my own advice and be a bit more diplomatic...

But I have a very short fuse when it comes to some subjects.
Religion, abortion, gun control, and dangerous people all tend to nullify my diplomacy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.