Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WV- Can you hunt deer from the bed of your pickup? >

WV- Can you hunt deer from the bed of your pickup?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WV- Can you hunt deer from the bed of your pickup?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WV- Can you hunt deer from the bed of your pickup?

I was wondering if you could hunt deer from the bed of your pickup truck, providing the engine is turned off and the truck is parked and NOT near any public roads?
Here's what I got from the WVDNR site, not sure if the truck bed is specified.
"Not lawful to hunt or shoot at wild animals or birds from an airborne conveyance, from a vehicle or other land conveyance, from a motor-driven water conveyance, or from or across a public road, unless specifically authorized to do so by law or regulation. You may shoot from a motorized watercraft if the motor has been completely shut off and progress from the motor has ceased."

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 11-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Sure!! Its easy..

If you want to hunt from the bed of your pickup truck, just jack it up on blocks, remove the wheels, engine, suspension system and the body.. Once that's complete, you should be free to park yourself (pun intended) in the bed of the truck.

happy hunting!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

After reading that, I would say NO. I know that wouldn't be legal in Pa either.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
After reading that, I would say NO. I know that wouldn't be legal in Pa either.
Thanks Early in...wasn't sure.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope, not legal, its a motorized land conveyance, and you can't have a loaded firearm in, on, or touching a motor vehichle
RR
Old 11-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

It's perfectly legal in WY and MT .,....... Provided the vehicle has slowed down to less than 20 MPH and the shooter has a blood alcohol level of less than .10
Old 11-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
It's perfectly legal in WY and MT .,....... Provided the vehicle has slowed down to less than 20 MPH and the shooter has a blood alcohol level of less than .10
So if your BAC is over .10, you can only hunt on foot??
Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
So if your BAC is over .10, you can only hunt on foot??
Yes, but if you are .15 or over the G&F dept. recommends hunting from horseback. Once you are .15 and above your horse is smarter than you are and won't forget the way home. It saves on search and rescue costs.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

For those who don't know, or have never been to Wyoming, the population density is under 6 people per sq/mile... You could randomly drop every bomb from every war we've ever fought into Wyoming and never hurt anyone.

I think the only other place more devoid of people is probably Alaska and some parts of Canada.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know some older farmers here in VA that only hunt from their vehicles. They go out on their farm somewhere and sit in their trucks and hope for a deer to come by. Not really any different than me sitting in a treestand or a blind waiting for a deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.