Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!) >

I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!)

Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!)

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklp2YQ5fSA

The story:

After getting cold on opening day, meeting up with dad at the field edge (and kicking up an unknown deer - possibly my buck) - we came up with the idea that dad was going to walk the woods to warm up - I was going to walk to the other edge of the woods to warm up and be ready for him to push the woods.

We were going to take our time, and I was going to take a few minutes to change out the memory card on my trail camera when I passed through an edge of the woods.

I pulled the camera down, changed the memory card, and went to rehang the camera to the tree when I heard something over my shoulder (You can see the moment that I realize there's a buck behind me on the video) - 20-25 yards out, here he comes. I set the camera down, turned, leaned over to shoot around a clump of trees, and shot my deer.

I had the trail camera on video mode, I tripped the sensor while trying to re-hang it to the tree, and it caught me shooting on video when I had to set it on the ground!!

Pure luck, and while it's not the best "video" of the action, I still think it's pretty cool that this video tells the entire story of how I shot my buck.
Attached Thumbnails I shot my 9-point buck while I was busy checking my trail camera! (caught on video!)-2013-deer-3.jpg  

Last edited by TSR6; 11-24-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Banned

That's awesome!
Old 11-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice. Congrats HD.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muzzleloaderhunter
That's awesome!
Originally Posted by HDMontana
Very nice. Congrats HD.
Thanks, both of you!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Spike

Nice buck! He's a beaut
Old 11-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck congratulations !
Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Spike

Neat story and great video
Old 11-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by KonKata
Nice buck! He's a beaut
Originally Posted by jerry d
Nice buck congratulations !
Originally Posted by catdaddyxx
Neat story and great video
Thanks!!

catdaddyxx - sure won't be a story I'll forget for a long time. I still remember the scenarios behind every deer I've shot - but this one sure sticks out - it's at least #2 on my list of favorite stories now!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VA5326
That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.