Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ok gotta vent

Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Hey if you did want to do that for him that would be a huge surprise for him. If not I'll pick up another when I can either way I appriciate it. Pay pal is [email protected] thanks guys
Old 11-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im in...

I had one stolen before myself on my property no less...I ended up welding a box together and lag bolting it to a big tree where ever I used it. sure they could get it off eventually but not without some effort. I have my suspicions on who it was but cant/couldn't prove it...next ones I put up will be put up in a box like the others...
Old 11-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Spike

I hate to hear about hunting equipment theft. Unfortunately, there are evil people in our world. I just had my NEW (barely-used 5 times) Climbing Treestand stolen this past weekend...FROM THE WOODS BEHIND MY HOUSE. It really got me fired-up, because not only was it my treestand, it was in close proximity to my home.

I went and made a police report, but we all know how that goes. I just had to force myself to shrug it off, and unfortunately be on the offense. I just bought a new climbing stand today, and immediately etched my initials on both the seat & foot platform. And IF I ever leave it in the woods, I bought a nice thick cable & Masterlock to go on it!
Old 11-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you to William Amadore means a lot to know people do care.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Fork Horn

I was wondering where you got a hold of this statistic? I'm thinking that there HAS to be more hunters on public land than on private land. So, I would think there's more cams on public land. No?

Just made it up and perhaps stand to be corrected. Just thought that dynamic might account for some of the thefts on private posted property.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

As I mentioned, any time you leave ANYTHING in the woods, it's at risk of being stolen. Yes, it sucks, but it's reality. I had a Lone Wolf sit and climb stolen from private land I had permission to hunt about 5 years ago. And that stand was locked with a cable lock!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry he had to learn it that way. I also cannot understand the thinking of some people. HD.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

The big thing in my head is we are out along the main road a lot anybody that drives by sees me and my son. I haven't hunted one day with out him this year. Everyone in town knows the wood lot and field on a said road is where I hunt with my sons 11 and 5. Yet someone still does this. It had to be someone close and someone after dark cause the lady who owns the farm would of shot them had she of seen them.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone in town knows the wood lot and field on a said road is where I hunt with my sons 11 and 5.
Just some food fer thought... Did your son happen to mention the cam to other kids at school? Some kids can be very jealous, and unforgiving rascals!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sure he probally did buddy u know kids will be kids. But its over and done now but thanks to all for letting me vent and understanding without any negative comments. Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.