Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

People!!!!!

Old 11-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default People!!!!!

I know this has little to do with deer hunting. Just some of these people out there saying things about the hunting community is just driving me crazy when they know absolutely nothing. I was reading something about Melissa Bachman being banned from Africa to hunt for killing a lion. I would like to hear other peoples comments about this. Just curious to see what other people have to day about this.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had heard that there was an "attempt" to ban her, haven't heard that it's actually happened.

http://news.yahoo.com/melissa-bachma...161458798.html

No surprise to me that the anti-hunting movement isn't just an American issue.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wish we had a main stream celeb who was a real hunter. Closest I can think of is the lead singer of metallica?

but a celeb who is main stream, pro gun, pro hunting, who could correct some of these anti's when they say something beyond dumb would be nice.

that's like anti elephant hunting....? when in countries where they're hunted their numbers are very strong, vs. no elephant hunting= poaching = few elephants.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Stone Cold Steve Austin was about as big as you could get celeb wise
Old 11-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

There is plenty of celebrity hunters. There was Dale Earnhardt.. Now Dale jr. Ton's of the country singers. I don't know of any movie stars that have gone public about hunting but I'm sure plenty of them hunt. George Bush, Sarah Palin. And well the cast of Duck Dynasty are pretty much celebrity's now.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hey you got that right jack!!!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

just the tree huggers at it again...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Spike

I've heard about that and was wondering when it would hit this board. Frankly, I'm not real sure what the issue is. Lion hunting has never gone out of style (as far as I know. I've been wrong before though). The only difference between then and now is that there is a process to hunt them, much like hunting anything. You can't just go out into the wild and pop one legally. As far as I could gather from what I read, she killed a lion legally and the meat went to the villagers.

I saw an article about a woman who just recently took down an elephant with a bow, and yet no one is screaming about that.

She did everything right...not sure you can ban someone from a country for legally hunting a game animal.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Wish we had a main stream celeb who was a real hunter. Closest I can think of is the lead singer of metallica?

but a celeb who is main stream, pro gun, pro hunting, who could correct some of these anti's when they say something beyond dumb would be nice.

that's like anti elephant hunting....? when in countries where they're hunted their numbers are very strong, vs. no elephant hunting= poaching = few elephants.
...What about Ted Nugent?

Love hearing him put anti gun people in their place, especially that idiot Piers Morgan.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff Foxwhorthy???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.