Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cigars while Hunting

Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default Cigars while Hunting

Hello guys. Wondering if anyone ever smokes cigars while on a hunting trip. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

My hunting mentor has relative that smokes cigarettes while on the tree stand.

So I am thinking sure why not?
Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

A friend smoke cigars and gets a deer every year. Darn should i start again.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I buried my father less than 2 months ago. Lung cancer from smoking put him in the grave. You couldn't get me to smoke anything at gunpoint! Name me one other product sold in this nation that was a warning label that basically says :Hey Moron, use this and die!

If I had my way about it, there wouldn't be a single tobacco product on the market.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:15 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Growing up I remember my brother-in-law smoking and eating candy bars and other snacks all day gun hunting. He would always seem to get the buck. And I also would not smoke for any reason, anywhere. People need to see the photos of lungs from smokers before they start - see http://smokerslungs.org/smokers-lungs-pictures My brother-in-law eventually quit smoking.

I am waiting for the "Is more B.O. Better?" thread.

Last edited by MZS; 11-21-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

I don't smoke while hunting, but I usually have a cigar after the day is done. I only smoke a few a week and I try to enjoy one after any particularly good meal or special day. Obviously, any day hunting is a special day!

My only precaution is that I change and keep my hunting clothes away from where I'm smoking and the clothes I was smoking in. But I also know people who smoke right in the stand as long as the wind is right.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just last week I watched 2 doe feed for about 20 mins, only 20yrds away while I enjoyed a smoke. As mentioned, the right wind direction is key. Stand height is very important as well.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Spike

On a hunting trip, yeah, sure, back at camp, but never in the stand.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

I used to smoke cigarettes and killed many deer after smoking in the woods. On a few occasions I had to put down a cigarette to shoot a deer. I am sure they smell the smoke but I don't think they are threatened by it.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Cigars after harvest. Usually two or three of them including the trip home.

It's a must for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.