Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Human urine and deer

Old 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

When in Rome...Do as the Romans
When in the Deer Woods...Do as the Deer.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer to pee in already made scrapes, then refresh with about a third of a bottle of Tinks 69 and spray Buck Bomb on the leaves in trees in the area...

What I'm trying to do is keep the bucks on my property and returning to the area...This has worked for me for many years, although years ago before Buck Bomb I would also hang scent dispensers with Tinks in the area...My buddies would say I had the area smelling like a whorehouse...I've killed many good bucks this way...

During the last week in October, we killed 5 mature bucks in a week by doing this...
Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I made a few scrapes and put out the urine today. I made one spot on a logging road that a lot of deer use to enter the field... The wind is really going strong but I sat in my shack and watched this evening anyways. 7 deer came down that road through the course of the evening. 2 Spikes, 2 big does, 2 yearling does, one button buck. All 7 deer walked right past the spot I made and didnt act if anything was there at all. So I can say this. With these 7 deer, human urine did not attract or scare them. Got the camera sitting on the scrape so we will see what happens when some decent mature bucks come around it.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I piss out of my stand constantly and also spit Copenhangen on the ground. I can't tell you how many deer I've had walk right under me and never change their stride.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

I always tried to wait to pee when I wasn't near my stand. A while back I read about the pissing in mock scrapes thing and tried it. Worked every single time. Even in spots where there was no visible deer sign.

Actually just made one the other day after leaving one just because I had to pee. Made a small one and came back the next morning and it had been hit and there was a new scrape right beside it. Also made one under a small cedar just to see if they'd make a scrape on one because I had never seen it. Put a camera on it. Waited 3 days. Returned and they had hit it and also made a rub on that same cedar. Had pictures of a few bucks and does. I'm sold on it.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kenified06
I've been seeing a lot of posts from various sites about people making there own scrapes and then peeing in them with great results. What I haven't seen is any evidence to back this up.
Create yer own and ..............

internet replies are not evidence

let us know if you obtain positive evidence
Old 11-19-2013, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

Deer are individuals like any other animal. I was checking traps one COLD morning and stopped in an overgrown field to pee. As soon as it hit the air this large buck exploded out of this brush pile to my left and took off. I don't know if he was bedded or standing there watching me, but take off he did. A friend told me the same thing happened to him in a tree stand. A deer had snuck in and bedded when he wasn't paying attention. Another thought is, how alert are the deer? Deer will give in to curiosity at night or in a low risk situation more readily than when they know it is hunting season.
Maybe you should try fox urine cut with fox gland lure. I had many a fox set (And trap) ruined by nosey deer.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Next time I go hunting I'm taking a cooler of beer with me so I can pee on the ground every 20 minutes or so. The deer will be all over me.

Which would be best........ Bud or an expensive ale like Black Dog or Moose Drool ?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Dos Estrus from Mexico!~
Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NEhomer
Dos Estrus from Mexico!~
LOL.

I'll be looking for it in my local beer store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.