HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Deer horror Stories? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/387127-deer-horror-stories.html)

The Green Horn Hunter 11-16-2013 10:56 AM

Deer horror Stories?

This morning I went hunting on my brothers property, I ran into a deer blind with hunters in it. I was walking right next to the blind, It was a redneck neck blind with a Pink blanket over it and was an open blind.

I saw a movement as it appears the hand was raising the rifle up to in the blind and getting ready to take a shot. Thank GOD I had my hunter's orange on. and I didn't yet use my buck call Yet. I back out of there got on my cellphone to call my brother. And he found the deer blind and trail camera on his property. He took both down and left a call back number for them to be reached.

Anyway's Next year I've found a sweet spot that I am only allowed to hunt we are going to put up an electric fence or some kind of fencing to keep the unwanted hunters OUT!!!

GatorWrestler 11-16-2013 11:23 AM

Just sprinkle Mahogany Red Dry Rub around the perimeter of the property... :guiness:

KonKata 11-16-2013 03:34 PM

Wow! You think they will call your brother for their stuff back after they've been caught tresspassing though?

The Green Horn Hunter 11-16-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by KonKata (Post 4098691)
Wow! You think they will call your brother for their stuff back after they've been caught tresspassing though?

They will get it back don't worry My brother wants to make sure they will not trespass on his land "EVER AGAIN"

Lunkerdog 11-16-2013 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter (Post 4098695)
They will get it back don't worry My brother wants to make sure they will not trespass on his land "EVER AGAIN"

Posted land?

Smokin Dee Licous 11-17-2013 05:09 AM

How is this a "deer horror story"?

IMHO - electric fences do not keep hunters out but livestock in. Try posted signs - in this area people are moving twards using "No Tresspassing" tape - looks like "caution" or "police" tape. Easy to just wrap around trees and tie up high, you can space it out every 25 ft and there will be no excuse for people trespassing.

The Green Horn Hunter 11-17-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog (Post 4098697)
Posted land?

and fenced in land.

Bullcamp82834 11-17-2013 06:17 AM

Here's a horror story for you.
The guy who owns the land bordering my property found a fresh set of ATV tracks entering his land from mine so he calls me to inquire. I don't know anything but tell him I'll come out and help figure out what's going on.
I get there and locate the tracks, follow them , and find my neighbor doing the same thing. A little while later we find the ATV and a few minutes later see the guy.
He's sitting with his back against a tree dead as a hammer.
An empty pint bottle of vodka on the ground and the top of his head blown off from a self inflicted shot from his 30/06.
Next thing we know there are deputies, EMTs, the coroner, and everyone else all over the place. Roads rutted out by their vehicles, discarded stuff laying everywhere, a big mess.

FungusFinder 11-17-2013 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter (Post 4098650)
I ran into a deer blind with hunters in it. I was walking right next to the blind, It was a redneck neck blind with a Pink blanket over it and was an open blind.

I back out of there got on my cellphone to call my brother. And he found the deer blind and trail camera on his property. He took both down and left a call back number for them to be reached.

Anyway's Next year I've found a sweet spot that I am only allowed to hunt we are going to put up an electric fence or some kind of fencing to keep the unwanted hunters OUT!!!

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter (Post 4098877)
and fenced in land.

Well erecting a fence most likely isn't going to keep a trespasser out, as you already stated, the land you hunted was posted AND fenced.
Curious as to why you didn't say anything to them being that you were standing right next to them? Or at least try to snap a pic of them, maybe from a safe distance?
As far as them calling your brother back, don't count on it.
Did you go back and get a pic of that blind at all? A pink blanket, that sounds a bit strange.

The Green Horn Hunter 11-17-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by FungusFinder (Post 4098900)
Well erecting a fence most likely isn't going to keep a trespasser out, as you already stated, the land you hunted was posted AND fenced.
Curious as to why you didn't say anything to them being that you were standing right next to them? Or at least try to snap a pic of them, maybe from a safe distance?
As far as them calling your brother back, don't count on it.
Did you go back and get a pic of that blind at all? A pink blanket, that sounds a bit strange.

Just the main drive part was fenced. But it should have deterred most intelligent humans to stay out. You think a bobed wire gate is good enough.