Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What am I seeing?

Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Spike

Absolutely a photoshop pic. Zoom in and you can clearly see that sticker above the left eye of the deer is added, and poorly. Take away the obvious points, you still have one impressive rack, but I think someone was punked LOL.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Not photoshopped and was fair chase. There was an article in the newspaper about possibly being the new state record for non-typical.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Not photoshopped and was fair chase. There was an article in the newspaper about possibly being the new state record for non-typical.

Well when I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Looks as if its legit. Not allot of articles on it, but the ones that did report it are from legit sources so I guess he's for real. From the angle of the photo, it sure looks like its faked, but other pics surfaced that show the tines. Someone commented thats its fake because his smile isn't nearly as wide as it should be LOL. Congrats to him, hes got some headgear.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:31 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

I think this is a bit of fact and fiction. Fact is that it appears to be a record, and quite a buck at that. Fiction is the antler growing out the side and the big butt - photoshop. If you find the photo posted at Outdoor Life you will see the drop tine and it does not look the same at the end as this photo - also, the back side of the deer is not even shown and this is the same photo. Good hoaxes usually are rooted in a bit of truth.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Could be a record deer but I still think something was done with this picture. Looks like the guy was photoshoped into the picture to make the deer look larger. Look how big the guys hand looks in this picture holding the antlers. Plus the bow is about as tall as the guy. Besides that I guarentee I could half a$$ photoshop a picture and call my local news paper and tell them I shot a record breaker deer. They know nothing about hunting or deer and would print the story. I still think it is BS. I'll get some photographers opinions on this.