Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer pee? how well does this work? >

Deer pee? how well does this work?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer pee? how well does this work?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Spike

Default Deer pee? how well does this work?

do all scents work and where do i put them?
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes scents work and sometimes they will spook deer. Similar to deer calls it depends on how wary the deer are. The more the area is hunted then the less likely lures such as scent or calls will work.

I am not into deer scent much since I hunt downwind of where the deer should be and they wouldn't likely even smell it. If they did it might lure them down wind of my location where they could pick up my scent as well. I have had better luck using calls to lure a deer into shooting range.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

If ruts in full swing I use tinks 69 with great success.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

With a deer's ultra sensitive olfactory abilities it is silly to believe that the deer can be fooled by urine that has set in a bottle for weeks or months fermenting.
They may be somewhat curious about the odd smell but I've seen the bottled pee spook them more often than not.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
With a deer's ultra sensitive olfactory abilities it is silly to believe that the deer can be fooled by urine that has set in a bottle for weeks or months fermenting.
They may be somewhat curious about the odd smell but I've seen the bottled pee spook them more often than not.
I've always wondered about that..
Old 11-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Ive always used tinks.. it's pretty hit and miss.. most of the time I see no bucks worrying about my scent lines and once in a while it will bring one in.. Where I hunt now is full of does peeing everywhere in the field... just gonna sit back and let them bring the bucks to me this year.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

In a lot of the south there are 60+ deer per sq mile, about 30 does. Does urinate at least 6 - 8 times a day so there is over 200 urine spots in that sq mile each day. Do you think just because you sprinkle an ounce or so out in the woods it is going to make a difference?
Old 11-16-2013, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huh really I've used good ol" Walmart doe pee and have had does come in to check out the "new girl".During the rut Tinks rut smoke sticks have worked great for me,down side a rutted out buck is about the toughest meat you can try and cook.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

We're I am from think nathen is from to. He had a hunting lodge that boarded my uncle's property. After he sold is company he was offering $100 bottle of his doe in heat if it had certain number on it. My uncle had a bottle he would opens the led and set it on a lot's he killed 25 Vicksburg that one bottle, before it all evaporated.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

In all my years of hunting whitetails I've only seen one attractant scent work right before my eyes and work on a regular basis. Sure, sometimes the bucks would completely ignore it but I never saw one spook because of it. Often they would seek out the source by working back and forth along the breeze like a bird dog looking for a covey.

I'm talking about the Buc Rut scent wafers from Hunters Specialites.

No, I don't work for HS or have any interest in helping them sell anything. Just passing on what I've experienced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.