Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Climber stand?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Spike

Default Climber stand?

I have been looking at climber stands lately and had some questions. how do they work? whats a good brand? how do i use it? where can i get a cheap one? and how loud are they? thanks
Old 11-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you were looking at them you should have had one of the sales people show you how they work. They show you how to climb with a particular stand right on the carton that it comes in, or in the information that comes with it. It's not difficult at all, just a bit of practice is all it takes.

You can spend from prolly $200-$450. If you spend cheap you get cheap. Don't skimp on your climber!! Get a Lone Wolf if you can possibly swing it, it will last you a lifetime, so it pays for it's self. I've had mine for 10 years now. But, the most quiet stand (which LW is) is only as quiet as the user of it.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

My favorite is a summit viper. Had mine for close to ten years and no problems (around $250)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Spike

I use a Lone Wolf sit and climb Climber. Light, quiet, easy to use. Better to have someone show you how to use a climber then explain it.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like a Buckshot or a Summit. See if you can locate a neighbor or friend that has one you can test climbing with.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Check your local pawn shops. Just found out recently that the guy at the pond shop in my area knows nothing about tree stands. They aren't the nicest climbers but he priced all 3 for $25 a piece. I'll be back in a few days to pick them up. I like to leave mine on the tree so this would work well for me, and I'm broke.

But if you have the money if definitely spend the cash and buy a nice climber. Ive heard nothing but good things about the summit viper. Only bad thing being that it's so comfortable it's hard to stay awake in it lol
Old 11-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally would look at Summit, Lone Wolf, or Treewalker. I use a Summit Goliath and it makes sitting in a treestand easier. Craigslist is a good place to look for used stands, especially after deer season. However, IMO if you are new to climbers you might want to consider buying new.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Spike

I bought a cheap used one a couple years ago to see if i would actually use it and i love them. I just bought a new summit viper limited a month ago and its like sitting in a lazyboy!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a hunters safety system or equivalent...harness and USE IT....definitely try and use one at home...no matter what use your harness...!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I have a summit titan and I love it...it is very easy to use and very comfortable...I got it on ebay for $265.00...well worth the $$...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.