Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice buck shot by trespasser

Old 11-14-2013, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Yeah,like i said,a false claim.sure you could fake some kind of story.but it wont help your credability much in court.
How would your phone call to the police be relevant to your case against a trespasser on your property?

It would never even come up!!

And even if it did, how bad do you think the truth would be to a jury?

Hmm.. lets see.. I was trying to stop a criminal and report a crime against me, called police, no show. Then I called back and decided I needed to prod them a bit to get them here...

Knowing that the police have little interest in protecting you, I wouldn't hold it against ya...
Old 11-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
How would your phone call to the police be relevant to your case against a trespasser on your property?

Hmm.. lets see.. I was trying to stop a criminal and report a crime against me, called police, no show. Then I called back and decided I needed to prod them a bit to get them here...

Knowing that the police have little interest in protecting you, I wouldn't hold it against ya...
I dont know.why dont you try it and find out.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby

Would think with some of the news lately the cops just might show up and shoot the person since he most likely has a firearm on them and when they check out the gun and the evidence and your story not adding up the death would be on you? Just a thought.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
Would think with some of the news lately the cops just might show up and shoot the person since he most likely has a firearm on them and when they check out the gun and the evidence and your story not adding up the death would be on you? Just a thought.
Thats just one example of how fileing a false statement could back fire.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Spike

I am interested to see what happens after you talk to him...don't let him off easy. I would be irate if I discovered this on my land.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So back to the guy who shot someone for throwing rocks. I wanna see someone try and heave a softball size rock at someone. I bet it goes less then 15ft. This guys story if full of BS and like I said before hope he rots.

Hey Muzzleloader how was your coffee time with the poacher?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
So back to the guy who shot someone for throwing rocks. I wanna see someone try and heave a softball size rock at someone. I bet it goes less then 15ft. This guys story if full of BS and like I said before hope he rots.

Hey Muzzleloader how was your coffee time with the poacher?
I don't know how far you can throw but I know I can sure throw a softball size rock well over 15 feet. I can behind the back left had toss a softball size rock more than 15 feet.

I'd guess more like 60 feet at least.

It doesn't really matter though. A guy on his own property shouldn't have to hope the aggressors are not strong enough to do him harm.

If your on my land trying to hurt me I'm certainly not going to just hope you can't....I'm going to make sure you can't. That is like a guy coming at you with a bat and you just hoping he can't swing it hard enough.

As far as the story being BS that I don't know so what I hope is that the find the truth and proper justice.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muzzleloaderhunter
He shot it on my land. Had his truck parked on my property. He showed us where he was and it was clearly on my property. I'm going to try and meet with him tonight and try to find out why he went on my land and shot it
better take police/game warden with you..