Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice buck shot by trespasser

Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

We just had a incident not far from me where my family goes on a float trip every year. This year there was a guy standing on the sand bar with a gun on his hip. We talked to him for a while and floated on. We didn't even think about the fact that he owned the land surrounding the river as it was a popular place to stop and take a break nor did he mention trespassing. A month or so later things got heated with some drunk floaters and he shot one in the head. He says they threw rocks at him as they came closer. The local community is supporting him pretty strong but it doesn't look good
Old 11-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
A month or so later things got heated with some drunk floaters and he shot one in the head. He says they threw rocks at him as they came closer. The local community is supporting him pretty strong but it doesn't look good
Lets take a survey...
How many people would throw rocks at a guy standing on a sandbar with a weapon on his hip????

He's going to prison for a very long time...

Rocks are not generally though of being life threatening unless your tied down and being stoned to death.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets take a survey...
How many people would throw rocks at a guy standing on a sandbar with a weapon on his hip????
If Rockports report is correct you'd have to ask a bunch of drunks...
Old 11-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Throw the guy behind bars for life. What a moron. Tresspassing doesnt warrant a bullet to the brain. Hope he rots.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
Lets take a survey...

He's going to prison for a very long time...

Rocks are not generally though of being life threatening unless your tied down and being stoned to death.
The claim is softball sized rocks. Were not talking driveway rocks Were talking river bed rocks. If that is true I'd have to take his side. He shouldn't have to retreat from his own land......ever.

I don't know what is true.
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dai...p_shooting.php

I wouldn't shoot somebody in the head in that situation but I would shoot them.

Last edited by rockport; 11-13-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Murby
Really? I sure hope your bark is worse than your bite or you're an idiot who shouldn't own a gun.

What kind moron would shoot a trespasser..?

Go directly to jail, do not pass stupid, do not collect $200.

Please tell me you are just being overly vocal because you have strong feelings about the subject. That I can understand...

Let me give you and everyone a piece of advice..
If you catch a trespasser, do not approach them (especially do not approach them while carrying a weapon). Call the police and let them handle it. Short of that, you make sure that trespasser gets off your property in a safe manor.
No...I wouldn't just shoot someone for trespassing thats stupid and illegal however i have the right to defend myself. Yes I have strong emotions on the subject.

Just this past weekend the wife my 3.5 old son and I walked through a block of our woods to get to a clear cut. We found about 6 head and 3 trucks on our land. I found out the info got their side and told them they were on the wrong land. I went to the barn hooked up the planter and after about 1.5 hours decided to drive back there. On the way back I still seen 2 trucks...the law was called and mind you they also released a pack of dogs. Meanwhile my wifes uncle called and told me to get them the f off the land. By the time I rolled up to their trucks they were walking to me. Bottom line is it got pretty heated they turned out dogs on our land I was walking through the woods with my son with a bunch of *******s lookin to shoot whatever.

The law never did show up...

In a rural area man has to stand up for his own not rely on the law.

It happens every year, year after year...and yes its posted property.

Needless to say their dog are free with no collars now and the deer they did shoot is now in the freezer.

You say do not approach a trespasser. Ha...just lay down and die. I think not. You do have to be a little political about it sure, you don't go in with an attitude.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I been following this one and not sure if the post is real or not. Does seem fishy.

But for the subject matter at hand. We have always approached and confronted people that trespass. It's just the way you have to do it in some areas. No one means be an ass about it but the individual needs to understand you aren't gonna put up with it. If your afraid to address an issue with someone on your own land then you have an issue.

On a side note, a rock can do some severe damage and even kill a person. Don't need to be softball sized or the victim needing to be prone. One good throw is all it takes.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with most here as well. I am calln BS also. Like the guy who shot it is going to give you his address or mine to him and invite them over to have coffee and discuss what they were doing on my land, shooting my deer and then get caught on the way out and nothing is done on the spot, I think not!!!!!!! Did he even get the individuals plate number, ask for ID, just plain tell him to stop and wait for the law to arrive for just the obvious?

Last edited by SecondChance; 11-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Night Crawler

The law never did show up...
That's an easy one to solve.. Call them back, yell into your phone while scraping phone across the ground or crinkling paper next to the speaker "Guy has a gun, shooting at.. shots being fired, I'm at (location here)" than hang up.. Don't answer when they call back.

They'll be there in just a few minutes.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Yea,then you get charged with makeing a false claim.maybe once apon a time you could count on a guy with a badge but nowadays they dont care whos the guilty one they only care about handing anyone a ticket.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.