Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ellie Mae Tracking .... Video (I Hope!?!) >

Ellie Mae Tracking .... Video (I Hope!?!)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ellie Mae Tracking .... Video (I Hope!?!)

Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ellie Mae Tracking .... Video (I Hope!?!)

Here's another stab at this. This should be the link to the short video of my Dachshund "Ellie Mae" blood trailing a friend's bow shot deer. About a 250 yard track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE23seKjnrg
Old 11-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like Ellie Mae is going to be a fine little tracking dog. Where bouts are you located?
Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting near Pittsview, Al. .... Russell Co.

The acorn crop is better than i had earlier expected. The Chestnut Oaks for some reason are pretty much barren. In the past they have been loaded up almost every years. Lots of Water Oak acorns. White Oaks are their typical fennicky selves ... about 50% are loaded , the rest are barren.

After a toad-floating summer, it has been so dry down our way that our food plots are on the verge of near total failure. Rain gauge at the camp has totaled less than 1" since we planted during the week of Sept. 26. But it is what it is.

We have been laying the does in the weeds during archery season. But so far not much in the way of decent bucks being seen.

Very little signs of territorial marking as of yet. I have come acroos only 1 scrape and a few rub lines, but nothing much. How about your place?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

We have a couple of new leases in south Montgomery and NW Pike Counties that have some of the best bucks I have ever seen in Bama. Lots of good pics, but they are at 1 or 2 in the morning. Should be a little rain this weekend, we could use it but it isn't critical on the plots yet.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default nice job

I'd a been really impressed if the hound retrieved the deer too.