Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Need some help on a law question >

Need some help on a law question

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need some help on a law question

Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

My question is, if you know someone is sneaking on...why is it not posted?

My land is 100% posted, and our boundary trees painted in orange. Doesn't mean people won't trespass....but there ain't no way they can say they didn't see the signs. We haven't had an issue in a decade since doing this. Its very obvious when approaching our property where the line is, ...and that its posted.

I agree, get with your local law enforcement to get accurate answers to your questions...internet forum probably not the best place for accurate info.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 125py
I own some land in ILLINOS that is NOT posted "no tresspassing"..etc . I am having some problems with a guy sneaking in and hunting on it. If I catch the guy can I have him arrested under illinois law even tho my property is not posted???
I would think a citizens arrest would be legal.

You can always call you're DNR, local PD, and court house to find out for sure though!

One things almost for sure, if you do expect a law-suit!
Old 11-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as being on your property without your permission, it is considered as trespassing.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
As far as being on your property without your permission, it is considered as trespassing.
That's not always true. I had a guy stealing metal from behind my garage and I caught him and called the police. They charged him with the theft but could not get him fro trespassing because I didn't have signs. They told me I either have to have a sign or have had him informed by a law enforcement officer previously that he was not allowed on the property.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois now has the purple paint law. If you have trees painted with a 8" ring of purple paint its as good as "No trespassing signs" now. A couple cans of spray paint and an hour of your time and you'll be legally set for the next 5 years. If you see him again there, call the police and he can be arrested. A trail camera perched 15 feet in the air above where he parks will also be evidence.