Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Climbing tree stand problems

Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default Climbing tree stand problems

My Summit Climber's tree teeth seem to hook into my boots when I try to walk. Even walking through average brush, it still seems to cut. Now I have several holes in my Muck boots. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions
Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

no one walks in with their tree stand attached to their boots.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

Are you carrying the stand on your back and hitting it with the back of your leg when you walk?
Old 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

No problem with my Summit. I have the seat folded up so it rests on the top of my butt. It holds it out far enough not to interfere with my boots.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a Summit Viper for years. Never heard of such. You must have it slung very, very low on your back for it to be hitting the boot tops ! Mine ... about like WrackMaster.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with mojotex and wrackmaster...I have the summit titan and I use the folded seat on my butt for comfort and also keep the stand from doing what it is doing to you right now...also, make sure you pull your straps tight after you have the climber on your back...this will keep it tight to your body....it sounds like a very easy fix...just follow some of the instructions on this post, and you should be fine.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

I have a summit goliath, and I can't really visualize how the teeth could be near my boots while I'm packing. It
Old 11-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Lone Wolf, so I don't have to worry about such nonsense.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Spike

I have an API and I haven't had any problems like that. Although this is labeled climber stand problems, sometimes mines a pain to strap together other than that I love it.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

As the others have said, sounds like you have the stand hanging too low from your shoulders. If I remember correctly, the old steel Summits from several years back carried a little different. The cables and teeth pointed up and above your head. I personally thought they were easier to carry and have thought about swapping my shoulder straps around and try carrying my Goliath like that. Course it could be I was a few years younger too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.