Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

cell phone cord

Old 11-09-2013, 02:20 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

All we have is a trac phone and it won't get a signal unless you are on a roof or up in a tree. So if I fell from a tree stand, I would have to dial real quick!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in complete agreement with flyinlowe. I like to be away from such things as phones, but I get it that guys need to be in contact with family in case of emergencies etc.

It's all relative to your personal situation. Myself, I got along great without a cell phone before there were such things as cell phones. Now my wife wants me to carry one in the field in case I get in trouble and need help. The phone stays in the truck.

If I DID carry a phone hunting and I WAS concerned about dropping it off a cliff I'd just tie a loop of 550 cord around it and tie the other end to a belt loop.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Spike

having a cell phone while hunting allows me to hunt six days a week. Sorry if that bothers some of you guys who probably also resent the invention of the wheel. In stone age speak, more hunting good, less hunting bad. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

What we have here is a success to communicate.

If you need to carry a phone, carry it. If you prefer to leave it in the truck, leave it.
That was easy.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Otterbox makes a clip on attachment with retractable cord specifically made for utility workers. Check out their website.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jplegend
having a cell phone while hunting allows me to hunt six days a week. Sorry if that bothers some of you guys who probably also resent the invention of the wheel. In stone age speak, more hunting good, less hunting bad. Thanks for the help!
Didn't see any replies that deserved a "thin skinned" response, but oh well... Maybe yer taking yourself just a little too seriously?

Maybe if you had explained the work thing to begin with you would have received some different responses, but don't fault folks for their responses to limited info... We're all entitled an opinion based on the info you initially provided.

That said, here ya go.

OtterBox® - Official Site | OtterBox.com
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leave the phone in the truck! If you need a phone or facebook to occupy your time in the stand then you need to get a better appreciation of the natural world. Time spent simply observing nature will help anybody be a better hunter. You will be amazed how much you will miss getting distracted by a phone.

Personally, if I had my way about it, I'd have shot Alexander Graham Bell when he invented the phone! I hate the things with a passion.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just keep mine in my pack. I don't care to have a cellphone but I think it would be very selfish of me not to have one for emergencies having a family and all.

I guess I just never really worried about dropping it though.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

No cell service where I hunt so case closed. I imagine I'd have mine but not use it much. Update on weather/wind could be useful.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just glad I have no cell phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.