Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
what is latest time you get in Treestand? >

what is latest time you get in Treestand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what is latest time you get in Treestand?

Old 11-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's right, you never know. I think sometimes we give deer too much credit. They are amazing animals and they don't miss much, but they have their limitations. Just yesterday I got to one of my spots and did so casually, and in less than 3 minutes a deer walked by. A few weeks ago I made a loud noise climbing up with my climbing tree stand and before I was even settled, a doe came in. So, you never know!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ha, some hunters

think they schedule deer movement in an area.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Typical Buck

Deer are individual animals who move on their own schedule. I have friends I hunt with who leave camp at daybreak. Every year I kill deer before they have left camp. On evening hunts, some head to the woods about 1.5 hrs before sunset. Last year I killed a nice 8 point at 2:00. When I'm at my camp hunting, I like to be on stand about 30 mins before first light and hunt til about 11:00. I go get some lunch and back in the woods for about 1:30-2:00.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
Deer are individual animals who move on their own schedule. I have friends I hunt with who leave camp at daybreak. Every year I kill deer before they have left camp. On evening hunts, some head to the woods about 1.5 hrs before sunset. Last year I killed a nice 8 point at 2:00. When I'm at my camp hunting, I like to be on stand about 30 mins before first light and hunt til about 11:00. I go get some lunch and back in the woods for about 1:30-2:00.
You hunt like I do.I love to be on the stand.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Ideally I like to get in about 2-3 hour before last light. I was walking to my stand and ran into an 8 point coming off the ridge at 3pm (before the time change). I have also had deer come in right at last legal shooting light which is 30 minutes after sunset. I try and sit anytime I can. Even if its just on the ground because I am in a hurry.....shot a nine point last year that way.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

honestly, when I am on the farm unless it's early season mowing or trying to help getting crops out I am on stand. Last week I set 7 day's straight 12hr day's in a stand. It was sure refreshing.