HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Black lab attacks a deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/386759-black-lab-attacks-deer.html)

ThunderChuck86 11-05-2013 07:00 PM

Black lab attacks a deer

Just saw this on Facebook.

http://hunting.outdoorzy.com/bystand...acking-a-deer/

Bystander films the whole ordeal. That lady needs to strap a shock collar on her pup!!!

Murby 11-05-2013 07:39 PM

Just another example of how YOU CAN'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU SEE OR HEAR FROM NEWS MEDIA.
News media stations slant stories to generate emotional responses to fill agendas or generate income. Can't believe any of them anymore.

The dog is chasing and barking at the deer.. I'm guessing that buck decided the dogs owner was a doe and got interested in her... or maybe he wants to play, maybe he's protecting his owner, or maybe he's just letting everyone know there's an oddball around.. Who knows.. but I didn't see that dog actually bite that deer one time or jump on its back..
Not sure about anyone else but I've seen a dog attack before and it doesn't look anything like that.

Take careful notice how they edit the scenes in the video.. cuts in, cuts out, cuts back in. They don't want you to see the dog standing 30 feet away barking.. They only want to show you the close up moves where the dog is challenging the deer.

And I love the way they say "the deer crawled up on the bank"... That was said to conjure up images of a wounded person barely making it to the shoreline.. They know that viewers brains will substitute the deer for the person. Hackers call this "social engineering".

Did you know you can tell what a dog is thinking by which side it wags it tail? Yup.. If a dogs tail is wagging mostly left, its in danger/protect/fear mode.. wags mostly to the right its playful/fun/happy....

Free speech has gone awry.

sconnyhunter 11-05-2013 08:04 PM

Why was the owner of the dog so irresponsible to let the dog off the leash in the first place?
The dog was doing what dogs do, bark at the intruder. Sound the alarm about something that does not fit with their world.

rockport 11-05-2013 08:09 PM

My goodness. What has this country come to.

predators attack prey :jaw:

Gunplummer 11-05-2013 10:02 PM

I have to go with Murby on this one. That is not an attack. I had a black lab when I was a kid and it looks to me like the dog was playing rough. The first time my dog saw deer she went after them. I yelled and she stopped, but kept looking from me to the deer. I would bet she thought they were other dogs.

itsslow98 11-05-2013 10:04 PM

It's Washington DC........... I would expect nothing less then an overhyped story about something so small.

FlDeerman 11-06-2013 04:46 AM

That's what they are calling an attack?What a joke,the dog thought it was protecting it's owner.

MZS 11-06-2013 05:04 AM

Stupid on many levels: ABC uses this trivial non-story to make a story and website owner does the same. The deer was not wounded, and in fact, this deer may have been playing with the dog, as was the case with the tail-wagging dog. These city-slickers at ABC would be horrified if they ever saw the results of an actual pack of dogs attacking and partially eating a still live deer in deep crusted over snow. They would also faint if they saw how a wolf operates.

olsaltydog 11-06-2013 06:03 AM

Dog attack, yeah thats a little overboard. Dog wasn't that aggressive and the nips that i seen where nothing more then play bites my dogs give to each other when they play fight.

Now will say the deer does have an injury. He doesn't seem to be using the rear right leg but that doesn't look like something the dog would do alone but more likely a car in the area probably hit it.

What i find amazing though is no one has checked out the guy who shot the video. Peter Silverman - Easy search and hes supposed to be a Assistant Cameraman at National Geographic Television. My Lord what he must think when they air the lions.

turkey harvester 11-06-2013 06:15 AM

Ya that was a stupid video, anit-hunters will have a field day with this one.