Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Evergreen... Jubilee state park spots?!?  Central Illinois >

Evergreen... Jubilee state park spots?!? Central Illinois

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Evergreen... Jubilee state park spots?!? Central Illinois

Old 11-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Spike

Default Evergreen... Jubilee state park spots?!? Central Illinois

Hello I am new to deer hunting this year. I have been practicing with my bow over the summer I am a pretty decent shot now. I have no idea how to scout and ect. I have read books but was looking for some helpful tips... I won a spot at evergreen park in bloomington il. I went to my buddies spot he had it a week before me and seen nothing he also did not see a deer in seven days so imagine they moved on from last year when he got one there. as I was driving in I seen 4 white tail deers but they were in a different designated spot that evergreen said i could hunt. Is there anyway I can get set up and take on of them where I seen them cross? My last day is sunday and i do not have the area scouted the weather has been terrible here!

I also was wondering if anyone had tips about Jubilee state park I have heard its a great spot for deer in central illinois but a lot of hunting pressure like I have said I am new to this and would appreciate any advice thanks in advance!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know either of the sites you mention, though I know Jubilee has a good reputation. If you have seen deer in an area, look for a trail, you can certainly set up along a deer trail (a beaten down path through the brush/woods/etc), and that will give you a chance at seeing deer passing. Some trails are used primarily at night, so just because you don't see them, it doesn't mean they're not there. Deer hunting, especially on public land in this state, is a low-odds activity. Persistence and patience are your best friends. Most of us who do it a lot just enjoy being out there. Welcome to the sport, and good luck.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Spike

I don't know anything about the spots your talking about but if your from Bloomington area don't forget about Clinton lake. You can get a free hunting pass online through dnr website. Alot area and walk in hunting accesses.