Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Antlers hitting the trees?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Erno86
I wonder whether it was a Great Blue Heron squawking.
Or maybe the OP's knees knocking. It gets scary out there in the woods at night. LOL
Old 10-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Or maybe the OP's knees knocking. It gets scary out there in the woods at night. LOL
I don't fing think so dude, get alife.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
I don't fing think so dude, get alife.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in a hunting camp with several permanent members, and many, many guest visitors over the years.

One of the things I learned at an early age is how to take a good joke... Tho I'm fairly new to frequenting this forum, it would seem to me that Bullcamp is full of good jokes, and/or clever replies... Sometimes it pays to not take oneself, or things said in this forum to seriously.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-30-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Im afraid of the dark and Im man enough to admit it. Just helps me get to my stand quicker. Kick up a covey of quail at 5am in the dark and then tell me you arent scared ****less. And dont even gets me started about Sasquatch.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Im afraid of the dark and Im man enough to admit it. Just helps me get to my stand quicker. Kick up a covey of quail at 5am in the dark and then tell me you arent scared ****less. And dont even gets me started about Sasquatch.
Never had a quail but have spooked a turkey roosting in a pine thicket take off from 3ft above my head that had me hitting the deck in a flash, and have jumped a deer that never saw (no light) 5-10ft away that had me get the bow ready like it was some light saber gonna save my life.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done the quail thing,it will stop your heart.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

I've walked right into a herd of bedded pronghorns a few times while trying to walk by moonlight only. That will startle you. The buggers bed in a circle facing out so when they spook a couple of them will run right at you. They don't see worth crap at night.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

When I was "DUMB and Young" I spent several nights in a So called haunted cemetery, And I am one of those true campers that don't need a fancy bed room on wheels, I make my own tent aka the leentoo. Or I go ahead and pitch a tent, and camp by fire.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
When I was "DUMB and Young" I spent several nights in a So called haunted cemetery, And I am one of those true campers that don't need a fancy bed room on wheels, I make my own tent aka the leentoo. Or I go ahead and pitch a tent, and camp by fire.
I wish I had a merit badge to give you. You have certainly earned it.
Good show old boy !!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

From this little bit of information, I would guess its pileated woodpeckers. They are the big ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.