Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Privet Dwelling question?

Old 10-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

We don't know what the limit is for sure because we don't hunt anywhere near any residences.

Assuming it's legal to shoot where you are, (we live in the city-not allowed at all here.) you can find the distance limit by checking the DNR website. Look for the hunting guide and check the firearms section where they list what kinds of gun you can use, shotgun zone, etc.

Remember, in Michigan, if you have a CPL, you can carry while hunting, even during archery season, but it must be CONCEALED.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

Okay, I looked it up for you.

The safety zone around an occupied building is 150 yards.

This applies only to hunting, not target practice, etc.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:46 AM
GCJ
Spike

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
If you have a private Dwelling, And you have deer trall that goes right by you're porch or back yard? How illegal would that be to take one from your back yard or your back porch? I know a lot of people take one from there back windows but still tag them properly and according to the laws of our state.
GH, I'm guessing most folks here don't hunt in Michigan. So why would they know the hunting laws in that state? Seems you could get the Michigan Hunting Guide (free online.. just google it) and read it.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Why does it matter? Shooting a deer in your underware off your back porch really isn't "hunting" to me. But to each their own.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter
Why does it matter? Shooting a deer in your underware off your back porch really isn't "hunting" to me. But to each their own.
Thank you. Well said sir.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter
Sorry I don't hunt in my underwear, Its so cold for that lol
Old 10-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Going back to the OP, I believe he asked the question if it was legal if you had a deer trail that goes right past your back porch (lucky guy). I know this is opening a can of worms but there are a few similarities to a deer trail that goes right past a treestand. Not criticizing either approach or method, just pointing out some similarities. The OP also didn't state that this would be his primary method of deer hunting, just wanted to know if it was legal. I'm guessing/assuming just like everybody else but the impression I got was that he was asking if the opportunity presented itself instead of setting up some kind of ground blind and making his back porch a regular hunting spot. JMHO.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Spike

I think to even suggest hunting from a porch or a window in a residence shows complete ignorance. In my state (PA) you cannot discharge a firearm within 100 yds of an occupied structure.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Think of the pressure from discharging a firearm inside a house. The noise, the powder burns. Go out in the woods and hunt or sell your firearms and find a new hobby.

Last edited by CalHunter; 10-30-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Insulting other members and rules violations
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with Smokin D.

Do as you will but don't call it hunting.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
I'm with Smokin D.

Do as you will but don't call it hunting.
Sitting and waiting for an animal is luring then shooting may it be a bow or a gun.

That's not hunting by your standards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.