Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

God is Amazing

Old 11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

What do we know?

We are just humans, depending on the word of humans that came before us.

History has shown us that depending on the word of other humans is sometimes (almost always) foolhardy at best.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by d80hunter
You speak of churches as indoctrination centers. Maybe they are but so are schools.
You are certainly correct.. Schools could be used as a powerful indoctrination center if they allowed it. Its a good thing they removed "god" from our public educational facilities because it is automatic indoctrination if they don't.

Is any education anyone received have any credibilility?
Of course, all education counts.. even if its religiously based.. still counts as education and is still credible.

Are your scientific ideologies based on faith as well, since you did not invent any of these ideas yourself.
I follow science as my guide. Sometimes I let love into the decision making process, sometimes art, but never religion.

That said show some respect to others who believe in something as you do.
Please point out where I have disrespected someone unjustly. Respecting someone, or their beliefs, is different and separate from respecting what they believe in.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
I saw that... Pretty good. I never had a taste for Maher until he made that film...
That is a good one but my all time favorite is "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVr9bJ8Sctk
Old 11-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are certainly correct.. Schools could be used as a powerful indoctrination center if they allowed it. Its a good thing they removed "god" from our public educational facilities because it is automatic indoctrination if they don't.
That would disrespect many teachers and christians. Schools are already powerful indoctrination centers but that has nothing to do with religion.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

That would disrespect many teachers and christians. Schools are already powerful indoctrination centers but that has nothing to do with religion.
How do you figure it would disrespect teachers?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you figure it would disrespect teachers?
No one would like their place of business labeled or mentioned as an indoctrination center. Career employees, especially members of a union, are very prideful of their professions. Do you know many teachers?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

No one would like their place of business labeled or mentioned as an indoctrination center. Career employees, especially members of a union, are very prideful of their professions. Do you know many teachers?
I think we have a misunderstanding.. I thought you meant that removing god disrespected teachers.. Not sure why I read it that way...
Old 11-08-2013, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we have a misunderstanding.. I thought you meant that removing god disrespected teachers.. Not sure why I read it that way...
We can leave it at that...just a misunderstanding. No one ever wins a long strung out forum debate. If anything it is a pyrrhic victory at best.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

God is amazing.

Organized religion as perpetrated by mankind is bunk. Just another ploy by people to control other people using the latter's faith in their creator.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
God is amazing.

Organized religion as perpetrated by mankind is bunk. Just another ploy by people to control other people using the latter's faith in their creator.

I can live with that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.