Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

God is Amazing

Old 10-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=mbruizer187;4092872]
Originally Posted by Murby
I'm a bit disturbed at how quiet the non-believers are in this thread.. Many think they won't be accepted for thinking differently and that's a shame.
Its not that Murb, just some of us non-believers are 1. not so good at debate. 2. know that it won't change a thing. That is the beauty of their beast. millions could die for no apparent reason and its ok because god works in mysterious ways, or this life is just the beginning of the life we were really meant for in heaven. , but as soon as something good or beautiful happens in your life you should stop bow down and thank him for being so graciuos and kind.

Catholic born and raised, church every Sunday, alter server, until i was old enough to think for myself.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

There isn't anything to "disprove". There is just no sign of existence. God is, and always has been, man made. Sorry. I wish it weren't true, but it is.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mbruizer187
Catholic born and raised, church every Sunday, alter server, until i was old enough to think for myself.
Wow.. It is rare when I find someone who was indoctrinated and was able to break free of it. It takes a strong mind to do that.

Thank you for speaking up..
Old 10-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
"Theory," the theory of evolution is just that! An unproven theory!
I don't think arguing the meaning of a word, or how it is used in modern language, is going to be very useful in the overall debate.

A theory that takes more "faith" to believe in than the faith it would take to believe in God!
That screams "I was indoctrinated!!" Did you go to catechism? Or did your home have symbols of church and god in every room from the time of your birth?

One of the first signs of indoctrination is the complete and total dismissal of science. Of course, the subconscious brain knows better and will run to the hospital and ask that all that science be used to its fullest power to save your life when its really needed.

I always find it interesting when a creationist argues against evolution and then goes to the gas station and fills up on fossil fuels...

We have been told here that science has disproved God several times, but so far all we have is what we've been told! No actual facts to back anything up!
My first response to this would be to say: Really? Turn that statement around and see how it works out.

My next response, and the one for which I think you were seeking:
If you are suggesting that you want me to start enumerating the factual science data that backs up my side of the debate, I'm not going to do that.
If there's something specific that comes up, fine.. but I have to assume that you and your side are already familiar with the science, for if you are not, you are basically taking place in a debate for which you know nothing about. You may as well go find a forum dealing with quantum physics and start in over there too.

Again, this goes back to my earlier post.. Lack of education, indoctrination, or agenda.. Its almost always one or more of the three.

One of the best reasons I have ever heard for the belief in god was when someone said to me "I believe because it gives me comfort"...

Setting aside the fact that such a statement is akin to an ostrich sticking its head in the sand, you can not dismiss or argue away the reasoning behind it.

Last edited by Murby; 10-29-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, right up until I inform them that there is no missing link and we have a complete fossil record of human evolution..

Ummm... I've noticed that you didn't reply to my post disputing this... Do you skip over posts that prove you wrong?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

He skips everything that he has no answer for! Show us any more proof of evolution than proof of God! I at least can say that there is little "scientific" proof of God! God requires "faith!" Jesus told Thomas; "blessed are those who have not seen, but believe!"
You have shown NOTHING to prove evolution either! The only thing that you've done is make perverse insinuations as to my upbringing! You, for as smart as you claim to be, trampled the OP's First Amendment rights, demanding that this thread be deleted! P.S. I am not Catholic, and religion has nothing to do with being a Christian! I do see by your hatred of the Catholic Church that you may have been (you know what) as a child! Oops, I have not perfected turning the other cheek yet!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lunkerdog
Ummm... I've noticed that you didn't reply to my post disputing this... Do you skip over posts that prove you wrong?
What post disputing what?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
He skips everything that he has no answer for! Show us any more proof of evolution than proof of God! I at least can say that there is little "scientific" proof of God! God requires "faith!" Jesus told Thomas; "blessed are those who have not seen, but believe!"
You have shown NOTHING to prove evolution either! The only thing that you've done is make perverse insinuations as to my upbringing! You, for as smart as you claim to be, trampled the OP's First Amendment rights, demanding that this thread be deleted! P.S. I am not Catholic, and religion has nothing to do with being a Christian! I do see by your hatred of the Catholic Church that you may have been (you know what) as a child! Oops, I have not perfected turning the other cheek yet!
Wow.... And they allow you to have a weapon to hunt with?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

As stated you have NOTHING new to offer, DA..........!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm impressed that you can use a keyboard!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.