Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

God is Amazing

Old 10-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
Why limit it to just two groups?
I suppose I should have said "Evolutionists, or Christian's" which would have expanded the groups a bit. That does seem to be who this debate is between... My point was that your quote applies to you as much as it does me, or anyone else.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-24-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Erno86
Some guys get religion while sitting in a foxhole on a battlefield, that is about to turn into a gory battle.
I almost died once.. I had a plugged artery (left anterior descending) and it caused me to have a heart attack just after loading some heavy boxes into my truck.
I was driving when it happened and had to pull over and call an ambulance.

I remember loosing all strength and control in my muscles and my vision slowly degrading into a narrow tunnel with my peripheral vision going completely black.. Sound and noise faded off as I lost my hearing and light became dark.

I thought for sure "this was it" and I was going to die at an early age..
Interestingly, my thoughts were of my wife and all the good times we had together hunting, traveling, and doing what we wanted. I experienced no fear and the only major regret was not having a child at the time. (fixed that one! LOL)..

So I believe that those who "find religion" at a moment when they think they are going to die are exhibiting a last ditch desperate grasp to find a way of dealing with their situation. I personally believe this behavior to be a weakness in the area of self awareness and awareness of ones own environment. Praying to god to help when you are scared and/or hugging a teddy bear are the same behaviors. It means your brain can't, or doesn't want to deal with the current situation and is seeking a way to cope.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

X2 GOD is Awesome!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Spike

Yes, He is amazing!!!!!! Nice video!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm another believer...good posting jagmagman.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a believer too and thank the lord everytime I step into the outdoors, but does this really need to be discussed on a deer hunting forum?
Old 10-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
I'm a believer too and thank the lord everytime I step into the outdoors, but does this really need to be discussed on a deer hunting forum?
Sometimes it comes up and it's good to witness for the lord wherever the opportunity presents itself...IMO.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

God is amazing! Great Video. I was talking to a hunting buddy today about a story on Falcons. It showed how they traveled back and forth to the same exact spot from Conn. to the Midwest.

God is amazing. I'm just amazed how birds have a flying GPS and can land in the exact spot each year 1000 miles apart. That's awesome!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MichiganWhitetails74
I'm just amazed how birds have a flying GPS and can land in the exact spot each year 1000 miles apart. That's awesome!
Its not any different than how a small aircraft pilot navigates.. They literally follow landmarks like rivers and roads.

No "built in GPS" magical anything.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I realize that....

I was just think its interesting that a bird with a brain the size of a Pee...

Can Navigate like a "Human" Pilot with a 4 year college Degree from a University, on how to fly a plane.

Wow! Really!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.