Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

God is Amazing

Old 10-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Father Forkhorn,

I can't argue the history of societies beliefs and all the minutia that goes along with that type of discussion. However, I am fully aware that history (as well as statistics) are heavily influenced by the agenda of the authors. (just read the political news for a few seconds)

What you said about the slaves dismissing parts of the bible makes absolutely no sense. But then, uneducated people have a tendency to make illogical choices.

I've always said, if the bible made mention of anything that humans could not have possibly conjured up in that era, I would be a believer today.
Yup.. just one mention of a "dark star" or a "black hole" or some other thing that we had no concept of back then, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I am always amazed, and a bit dismayed at our educational system, when a deeply religious person says "how can you explain this? or that?"... My personal favorite is the "missing link" and that it must have been god.. Ya, right up until I inform them that there is no missing link and we have a complete fossil record of human evolution.. I even had one guy tell me the devil put those bones there to fool us.. Way too funny for me to resist laughing.

So to someone like yourself, I ask: Where does your faith come from? What makes you believe in a God? And how do you reconcile the innumerable inconsistencies?

What will you think when we find life on another planet? Or when we confirm other intelligent life forms? And what if they had no concept of religion? Then what?

Do you have a line that would cause a paradigm shift in your belief system?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Murby, I typed a response and then stupidly disconnected myself and lost everything. It maybe a awhile before I bet back to this.

I have class the next few days. Sorry.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Father Forkhorn
Murby, I typed a response and then stupidly disconnected myself and lost everything. It maybe a awhile before I bet back to this.

I have class the next few days. Sorry.
Yup.. been there, done that....

These days, anything lengthy gets put onto notepad first.. Almost threw my whole computer out the window more than once.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Spike

Awesome video ol buddy
Old 10-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
Yup.. been there, done that....

These days, anything lengthy gets put onto notepad first.. Almost threw my whole computer out the window more than once.
What a conundrum... I'm taking comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one that has had such experiences... Yet I feel bad for taking comfort in that...
Old 10-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Lightbulb

"complete fossil record of human evolution" doesn't exist. Every 20 years or so, some bones are found and the news makes a big ado over finding the 'missing link.' When I was a kid, it was "Lucy." A brief search into these numerous finds, that suppossedly prove the missing link, results in only hopeful claims and more questions. No bones today have been found showing apes from trees trasitioning to upright 2 legged creatures that then became modern man.

Darwin clearly stated the limitations of his "Theory." See my signature for his quote. Modern microbiology meets the standards set forth by the The Orgin of Species author. Dozens of sub systems such as the Calvin Cycle of Photosynthesis are well beyond what Darwin considered the absolute breakdown of his theory in the macro sense.

I don't see a hunting forum as the ideal place to debate this, but good grief, leave us the freedom of appreciating nature and hunting in beloved traditional expressions without having to put up with busy body polictally correct intrusion.

Loved viewing the vid, yes God is Amazing.

Last edited by Sosalty; 10-28-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: love to put a spacebetween words
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

This debate reminded me of an article I read a couple of years ago in National Geographic Magazine so I finally looked it up.

This article is a little over 2 years old so there may be updates, but as far as I can tell as of August 2011 there was no complete fossil record of human evolution. Tho admittedly this fossil find is interesting in that regard.

Malapa Fossils - Pictures, More From National Geographic ...

Murby, if you've got data to dispute this I look forward to reading/studying it.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 10-28-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sosalty
"complete fossil record of human evolution" doesn't exist. Every 20 years or so, some bones are found and the news makes a big ado over finding the 'missing link.' When I was a kid, it was "Lucy." A brief search into these numerous finds, that suppossedly prove the missing link, results in only hopeful claims and more questions. No bones today have been found showing apes from trees trasitioning to upright 2 legged creatures that then became modern man.
Seriously? I really don't mean to offend or show disrespect for your beliefs, everyone has them, but if you want to argue god, please keep it on a philosophical level because you clearly don't understand or have a grasp of the science.

Even the Vatican acknowledges the science.. then they coyly say that its ok to reject the science if you want to... (Read: "we think most of you are too stupid to understand so just continue as normal and keep sending us your money).

Science has disproved god at every step.. and each time they do, the pyramid scammers.. umm.. I mean church, will adjust their preaching and move the proverbial goal post a bit further out so as to preserve the inflow of believer cash.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Arrow

"you clearly don't understand or have a grasp of the science"
For those interested, and understandably many of you aren't, here's some interesting reading. If you are, umm, oh so serious and don't have much hunting to look forward to in the near future, one could note the scientists (who usually 'have a grasp of the science') at the end of the article and read further. Well reasoned counter-opinions are abundant.
https://thehomeschoolpress.wordpress...g-link-theory/
Then try to imagine Charles Darwin getting transported to modern times and getting to study the "flagellum" just the tail of a sperm cell; which is a 100 times more powerful and resilient than any material mankind can come up with!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagellum
Wow, I hope my 5 acres looks like that someday!
I'm dropping out of this thread, good-bye

Last edited by Sosalty; 10-29-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Theory," the theory of evolution is just that! An unproven theory! A theory that takes more "faith" to believe in than the faith it would take to believe in God!
We have been told here that science has disproved God several times, but so far all we have is what we've been told! No actual facts to back anything up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.