Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Peep Verifiers.... are they what they say they are? >

Peep Verifiers.... are they what they say they are?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Peep Verifiers.... are they what they say they are?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 AM
Spike

Default Peep Verifiers.... are they what they say they are?

Hello everyone....old eyes here So here I am at home with my new shiny 2013 Elite Hunter zeroed in with a 2013 trophy ridge react site.....BUT.....as I look through the peep the pins are blurry. I'm wearing my transition prescription glasses and he target is clear bit the pins!!!!!! Anyone try the verifiers yet?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not tried the Verifier but what size peep do you have on there?

Several things can cause this.

Have somebody watch your draw and make sure that peep is lining up perfect, your draw length could also be set to short and the peep is not coming back far enough or the peep could just be to small.

Now days they seem to want to set everything up like your an Olympic archer trying to hit clearly lit bulls eyes at 100 yards when what you really need is to be able to hit a volleyball at 30 yards at sunset.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Spike

The peep is 1/4 inch as recommended by the sights instructions. The 28" draw is right on. I think the peep location is OK, I can comfortably line up the site ring, see the level as well as all the pin tips....I think the problem is my eyeglass prescription, the readers are very low on the progressive lenses II have 3 levels in the lenses. I'm heading back to the shop, I found out this morning that they sell the verifiers and clarifiers and have them in stock. Gonna play around and see how it plays out.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be interested in hearing how those work out.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rockport
I'd be interested in hearing how those work out.
The verifier peep is freakin awesome! The pins on my sight were all star bursting and melding together. They clear up crystal clear with this peep and a #5 lens. I still wear my glasses looking through the peep and although the target isn't as clear now it's plenty clear to make accurate shots.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dougvarrieur
The verifier peep is freakin awesome! The pins on my sight were all star bursting and melding together. They clear up crystal clear with this peep and a #5 lens. I still wear my glasses looking through the peep and although the target isn't as clear now it's plenty clear to make accurate shots.
Hmm that won't work for me. I can see the sight fine. I'm having trouble seeing past the sight.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:34 AM
Spike

To clear up the target the sell the opposite of the verifier...it's called a clarifier. you can view them here- http://www.specialtyarch.com/product...ers/clarifier/
Old 10-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dougvarrieur
To clear up the target the sell the opposite of the verifier...it's called a clarifier. you can view them here- http://www.specialtyarch.com/product...ers/clarifier/
Cool thanks, I'll check it out.