Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PSE Stinger 3G Compound Bow?

Old 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default PSE Stinger 3G Compound Bow?

I'm shopping for a new bow for next season. Does anybody own a PSE Stinger 3G? I know pse makes good bows, but I'd like to get some real, tested reviews on this specific one before I buy it. Thanks!

Last edited by HuntFishRide; 02-05-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

i have the pse brute x and my friend has the stinger. they both are really great bows for the money. i would recommend paying the little extra money for the brute because of the shorter axle to axle and split limbs. thats not that big of deal to some people, its worth the extra money for me. from my experience, the stinger is a great bow that nice, quick, and quiet.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Savage Sniper
i have the pse brute x and my friend has the stinger. they both are really great bows for the money. i would recommend paying the little extra money for the brute because of the shorter axle to axle and split limbs. thats not that big of deal to some people, its worth the extra money for me. from my experience, the stinger is a great bow that nice, quick, and quiet.

Yeah I was checking out the Brute X too. I was comparing them a bit on amazon. I'm not that much of an advid bow hunter. I go maybe 10-15 days throughout the year if my tags aren't full. What is the advantage of the shorter axle to axle and split limbs?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Fork Horn

i like the short axle to axle because they are more maneuverable in blinds and treestands. the split limb doesnt do a whole lot for you thousands of arrows per year. they are more cosmetic and peace of mind haha. ebay is a great place to look for bows. thats where i got my brute brand new and for 100 under retail.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The difficulty of Judgment

PSE makes good bows for the hunter and some bows at less cost. Depends on the hunter and the money available, but for years hunters survived on less money spent for equipment, rather than more. And more and more it seems difficult to recommend less money for the item, on a forum. Just my opinion.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I'll check ebay, and look more at the brute!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Spike

I just bought the PSE Stinger from Bass Pro. I absolutely love it. I had a limited amount of cash to spend and this one fit all my criteria. Of course I going from 1996 technology to 2012 has certainly helped.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Spike

I got a 2013 Stinger 3G for Christmas and love it so far. I read review after review before deciding and I couldn't find a negative review. My only advice is to factor in a the cost of a new set of strings, because the mainline bow strings from PSE aren't very good. I dealt with constant peep rotation and finally bought a new set of strings when my serving started separating. I knew this going in so it wasn't a big deal for me. Pretty easy to get a set of custom strings in any color combo you choose for $50-$75 from makers on the archery forums. The only thing I regret is getting 60# limbs instead of the 70#. With the adjustability of the stinger's draw weight, I feel like I cheated myself out of the potential speed and KE that it could produce with a heavier draw weight, now that my muscles have adjusted to the drawing motion and I'm maxed out at 61#. With a 434g arrow, I'm shooting around 255 fps and 60 ke. With 70# draw weight, both fps and ke would be significantly higher.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

I bought my son the pse rally very similar to the pse stinger3g same riser and limbs, different cams the rally is a gr8 bow. have fun you have a gr8 bow.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Spike

Thanks for your replies everyone. I decided to go with the Brute X. They both seem like great bows, but my previous bow was pretty old. So I decided to splurge a little after getting plenty of use out of my old one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.