Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What would the buck that dropped these have scored? >

What would the buck that dropped these have scored?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would the buck that dropped these have scored?

Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
I'm not calling you a liar. You don't have to prove anything to me.

I said the main beams is where I'M off.

Its just shows how easy it is to be way off scoring a picture.
Sometimes it's tough to judge a picture. Look at this photo of Tim Beck's 305 inch giant. Its main beams are 29 6/8 and 30 4/8! It doesn't look that big by this photo at all, at least that's my opinion. I have seen other pictures of it though that made me a believer lol.
Attached Thumbnails What would the buck that dropped these have scored?-tim-beck_001.jpg  
Old 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bristowboy_20
Sometimes it's tough to judge a picture. Look at this photo of Tim Beck's 305 inch giant. Its main beams are 29 6/8 and 30 4/8! It doesn't look that big by this photo at all, at least that's my opinion. I have seen other pictures of it though that made me a believer lol.
Yeah I wouldn't have guessed those main beams that long either.

My buck this year (in the picture to the left) had 25 inch main beams and scored 168 5/8
Old 01-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
Yeah I wouldn't have guessed those main beams that long either.

My buck this year (in the picture to the left) had 25 inch main beams and scored 168 5/8
That's a really nice deer! I wish I could get one like that. Maybe someday. I've seen 160-170 class deer in the woods but they never EVER stop when I need them to. A couple years ago I could have easily gotten a 180 class but that would have been cheating. It was walking down the middle of the road and I was right behind it in a vehicle. After a little while it walked off the road and into the woods towards a doe. I think one of our neighbors got it. My neighbor across the road said his neighbor shot a huge buck a few days later and that's right where I saw this one. One of these days... One can only dream lol.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Spike

i got two 160s ive killed and that deer is rite there with em from what i can tell
Old 02-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Spike

I would say they score about 150ish before deductions