Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trail cams only doe

Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Spike

Default trail cams only doe

I have cams outs I am new to hunting but I have a bean field hard woods then bedding area. I have cams in the woods. I am seeing a lot of doe but no bucks. The weather is still fairly warm 60-80 right now in Alabama bow season opens Tuesday do bucks stay hid til cooler weather. The trails in the woods are used alot any help would be great
Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

A month ago all I had were bucks and a doe once in a while. Now the velvet is off and the bachelor group has split all I have is does and a buck once in a while.

You are doing right. Trail cams are a good way to learn deer behavior at your location year after year.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Spike

Ok thanks for the info. I have 7-8 big doe right now or I think its the same ones but alot of bean an corn fields are near by. With a lot of hard wokd
Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 AM
Spike

Don't worry. I live in Alabama too, and a month ago I was getting around 200 pictures a night with tons of bucks and a few does. Now I maybe getting 100 pictures a week and most are does.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two spots right now that are weird like that. One, I have probably 300 pics of does using one pinch point and not one buck. I'm not worried, we have bucks around and when the rut starts, these bucks will be scent checking this pinch point non stop.

I also have a spot where we haven't had a doe on camera in 5 weeks but 8 different bucks. I'm after one of the two big boys we've seen but not concerned right now. Once the rut starts and a little doe in heat on the ground will really get them in if there aren't any does around.