HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Strangest thing you've found in the woods? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/385702-strangest-thing-youve-found-woods.html)

ChasinTail 10-05-2013 12:37 AM

Strangest thing you've found in the woods?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen while out in the woods or anywhere?

Seen this on a few other forums and there were some hilarious and some really creepy responses.

BOWHUNTERCOP 10-05-2013 01:40 AM

my friend Sammy gutting a deer, he really got one :)

early in 10-05-2013 04:20 AM

Funny this thread comes up. Just last week I was on my way in to hunt the evening on some State land, and while on a trail I see something that just doesn't look right. I get a bit closer (20yrds) only to find a guy banging his girlfriend! She's making all the typical noise that a nymph getting laid makes. lol So, I say EXCUSE ME, I need to walk past you to get to my stand. Dude says, give us a minute. They get dressed and continue on their merry way.

I continue to my stand site and get set up. I'm there maybe 20 mins and I see these two walking back down the trail. Don't you know they stop, literally 10yrds from my tree and start making out! This was the longest make out session I've ever seen! Prolly like 2-3 mins! I couldn't fricken believe it! I was going to say something like "you're not going to do it again, are you", but I just kept quiet and let them leave. Ah, the price you pay to hunt public land. :s6:

browtine7 10-05-2013 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by early in (Post 4086347)
Funny this thread comes up. Just last week I was on my way in to hunt the evening on some State land, and while on a trail I see something that just doesn't look right. I get a bit closer (20yrds) only to find a guy banging his girlfriend! She's making all the typical noise that a nymph getting laid makes. lol So, I say EXCUSE ME, I need to walk past you to get to my stand. Dude says, give us a minute. They get dressed and continue on their merry way.

I continue to my stand site and get set up. I'm there maybe 20 mins and I see these two walking back down the trail. Don't you know they stop, literally 10yrds from my tree and start making out! This was the longest make out session I've ever seen! Prolly like 2-3 mins! I couldn't fricken believe it! I was going to say something like "you're not going to do it again, are you", but I just kept quiet and let them leave. Ah, the price you pay to hunt public land. :s6:

Now that's something you want see everyday. You might as well got down and left

The Green Horn Hunter 10-05-2013 05:49 AM

Our old push mower that is interlaced around tree's that grew up around it.

Mojotex 10-05-2013 07:01 AM

A huge NOAA weather balloon to which was attached a "box" with a return address.

GatorWrestler 10-05-2013 07:05 AM

I did not see this myself, just thought the pictures were very interesting.

ihookem1 10-05-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mojotex (Post 4086378)
A huge NOAA weather balloon to which was attached a "box" with a return address.

I found one of those in N.W. Wisconsin. It came from Kansas City, at least that was the return address. I have found two old logging camps around there. I once was setting up a stand in the same area. When I was done I looked around and saw a fawns hoof and leg hung up in the same tree about 15' up. Bear or bobcat no doubt, or maybe them martins the DNR planted.

leo new 10-05-2013 07:16 AM

a ringer washing machine. WAY up on top of mountain, nothing bigger than game trails for miles.

a metal box full of 2 inch nuts. not the tree kind, the bolt kind. like the ones used on bridges... wife said "steel squirrels must be getting ready for winter, duh..."

i also found a section of a boat dock, complete with the float still inside.

make you wonder, how did THAT get here... helicopter... aliens with a fetish???

DJfan 10-05-2013 07:23 AM

About 700 people on quads. Idiots.