Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Strangest thing you've found in the woods? >

Strangest thing you've found in the woods?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Strangest thing you've found in the woods?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out last weekend elk hunting and found an old crash site. Plane or helo. The pines trees were sheared off and there was wiring and twisted metal pieces strewn about.

When I was stationed in SC a buddy and I were panning for gold and I had two little fossilized teeth in my pan. Not sure what they went to. Really cool looking.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Spike

The FP police officer was pretty good about it. When taking him to the remains we joked with him about letting us keep whatever horns we found, but he really didn't mind if we took them out. Cook and McHenry county, that's a different story, they would write you up in a heart beat. (my 3 nephews got pinched, $50/per)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
I was out last weekend elk hunting and found an old crash site. Plane or helo. The pines trees were sheared off and there was wiring and twisted metal pieces strewn about.

When I was stationed in SC a buddy and I were panning for gold and I had two little fossilized teeth in my pan. Not sure what they went to. Really cool looking.
is it a know sight? maybe it needs investigated..
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
is it a know sight? maybe it needs investigated..
exactly what I was thinking.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Spike

Back home on my friends plot of land there is a group of about 5 cars all flipped and beat to crap. Most of the cars are from the mid 50's and the closest road is about 1/2 mile away.