Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Great Picture - What Hunting's All About >

Great Picture - What Hunting's All About

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Great Picture - What Hunting's All About

Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great Picture - What Hunting's All About

This is my son and my dad is in the door. I never knew this picture existed until today. My buddy took it last year.

It kind of tells a story. The 3rd generation has become a hunter and the man that started the fire in me is looking on, with a look of approval. The torch was handed to me and he oversaw me handing it to my son.

My son is 10 in this picture and my dad (Opa, to my kids) is 82.
Attached Thumbnails Great Picture - What Hunting's All About-danny-heading-out.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good pic, kinda reminds me of my family but a little different. You would have seen my dad standing in the door after he taught me to do an oil change so that he doesnt have to go out and do it in the snow or rain. LOL. Looks like grandpa taught the next torch bearers and will be relaxing at home for when you bring home the meat.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Great pic, looks like he's ready to go.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opa (the old man) has not retired from hunting. Just doesn't go out as much as he used to. And he was already tagged out when that pic was taken.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

That is awesome....in the same boat with my 11 year old....I enjoy hunting with him so much...he wants to learn as much as he can about hunting....he is learning to shoot this year, so hopefully, he will be ready to hunt next year.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be just another pic of a kid heading out for a day of hunting if it weren't for Opa standing behind the door, looking on. Kind of symbolic, in a way, I guess.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

That is a Great picture!, & it is going to mean a lot to your son as he gets older, Your right, "Thats what it is all about" Thanks for posting.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

i like that, great pic. one day it will be priceless treasure...
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would be an awesome present for your granddad. in a nice frame of course...thanks for sharing!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be an awesome present for your granddad. in a nice frame of course...thanks for sharing!
I already emailed it to him. You think that ruined it at all? Probably not. Getting the pic mounted in a frame would be awesome. I might get two done. Hang one at my house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.